NF7 POST Code Alternating Beep

Ryckeee

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2003
Hello,

I have just run into an issue with my rig this morning after taking out the power supply to test another rig of mine that had some PSU issues. Anyway, after placing the power supply back inside and hitting the power button, my comp fails to boot and a continuous alternating beep follows. Although I'm hoping that I didn't screw up anything permanently, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to replace something :cry: . Could someone please help define what the alternating beeps signify?
This is what it sounds like:

High beep (1 second), Low beep (1 second) ; repeats

Side note: To remove the power supply I had to remove my CPU fan because it is a bulky 88mm fan. I'm hoping the problem is not the CPU :cry: .

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
It sounds like an alarm... Since you didnt' mention what mobo you have, or what PSU you have, we can only suggest the standard "make sure everything is plugged in right" type of response right now.

Mike.

94blue302gt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
an NF7 will probably beep with a ram problem.
I had a constant beep and it was the cpu overheating, and if i recall correctly the alternating beeping is for ram

94blue302gt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
I believe a recieved a similar sound when i had the cpu overheat as well. You may want to make sure that the plug for the cpu fan is plugged in, or the NF7 may just think you forgot it and do that. I might test it in the next week. I'm expecting a SATA drive for Christmas, i'll let ya know.
Lee

94blue302gt

Distinguished
May 26, 2005
It seems that ABIT has basically, 2 beeping signals.
One long one for memory, and one alternating for basically everything else, power, cpu not connected or not present, etc.