HP 2100 leaving toner spots in right margin of printouts

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 12, 2004 4:05:08 PM

I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 2:38:18 AM

What is the distance between marks?
"JohnnyWalnuts" <jperone@springfieldschools-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:416c00b4$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
>I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
> on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
> markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
> from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
> Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?

October 13, 2004 7:10:54 AM

Does your user guide have some pages on print problems in the back? If not,
there is a printer problem troubleshooting guide on the HP website. You may
see your problem. I just had to replace an Imaging drum on a 4500 because
it was leaving vertical bands plus some minor ghosting 6 inches below the
original in the band.

Clark

"JohnnyWalnuts" <jperone@springfieldschools-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:416c00b4$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
>I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
> on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
> markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
> from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
> Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 8:05:02 PM

the marks are approx. 3 3/4 inches apart
!