HP 2100 leaving toner spots in right margin of printouts

I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about 2100 leaving toner spots margin printouts

    What is the distance between marks?
    "JohnnyWalnuts" <jperone@springfieldschools-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
    in message news:416c00b4$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
    >I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
    > on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
    > markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
    > from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
    > Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?

    Does your user guide have some pages on print problems in the back? If not,
    there is a printer problem troubleshooting guide on the HP website. You may
    see your problem. I just had to replace an Imaging drum on a 4500 because
    it was leaving vertical bands plus some minor ghosting 6 inches below the
    original in the band.

    Clark

    "JohnnyWalnuts" <jperone@springfieldschools-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
    in message news:416c00b4$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
    >I have a number of HP 2100 laserjets that are leaving toner markings
    > on printouts. The spots are equidistant apart so I suspect the
    > markings are coming from one of the rollers inside but I don't know
    > from which or how because they've been replaced with a repair kit.
    > Genuine HP toner is being used. Any ideas?

    the marks are approx. 3 3/4 inches apart

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals