Disk I/O Error Status=000001

I have a win nt system that is giving "Disk I/O Error Status=000001",
while it is in the "OS Loader..." stage. However it is starting
normally. I logged in and didn't find any thing strange in the event
viewer. I also ran chkdsk /f and /r twice but nothing was reported
wrong. System is already updated with sp6a.

What can it be? Is it something that we should worry about, or its
just a message

Thanks

This is typically a notice that the drive or controller is having problems
and can be an indication that a major problem is coming. This may be a
message before the OS loads and that is why there is nothing in the Event
viewer. I would not ignore this message.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Jansen Barbara" <tamasumalta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a win nt system that is giving "Disk I/O Error Status=000001",
> while it is in the "OS Loader..." stage. However it is starting
> normally. I logged in and didn't find any thing strange in the event
> viewer. I also ran chkdsk /f and /r twice but nothing was reported
> wrong. System is already updated with sp6a.
>
> What can it be? Is it something that we should worry about, or its
> just a message
>
> Thanks

Another thing...do you have any folders on your drive called Found.000,
Found.001? These are indications of bad sectors on the drive.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

"Jansen Barbara" <tamasumalta@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a win nt system that is giving "Disk I/O Error Status=000001",
> while it is in the "OS Loader..." stage. However it is starting
> normally. I logged in and didn't find any thing strange in the event
> viewer. I also ran chkdsk /f and /r twice but nothing was reported
> wrong. System is already updated with sp6a.
>
> What can it be? Is it something that we should worry about, or its
> just a message
>
> Thanks

Thanks,

Since chkdsk didn't report any problems I said it is not a major alarm
but I think I would better change the HD as soon as possible!

Thanks again