Blue screen error when booting...

Hello, I got the blue screen error which stated like this:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x8146E030, 0xC0000032, 0x0000000,0x0000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

this problem come because of many time of power failure in my server room
due to the construction behind of our building. Please help me how i want to
solve this problem since there are a lot of important data inside there...

I wondering if i reinstall win nt v4.0, is there will be lost all the data
like mssql data and the iis webserver data...any one please help me..

Try creating a boot disk. For the floppy to successfully boot Windows NT the
disk must contain the "NT" boot sector. Format a diskette (on a Windows NT
machine, not a DOS/Win9x, so the NT boot sector gets written to the floppy),
and copy Windows NT versions of ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini to it.
Edit the boot.ini to give it a correct ARC path for the machine you wish to
boot. Below is an example of boot.ini. The default is to start the operating
system located on the first partition of the primary or first drive
(drive0). Then drive0 partition 2 and so on.

[boot loader]
timeout=10
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows NT"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows NT"

Another possibility is to try loading the controller driver also from
floppy. For the floppy to successfully boot Windows NT the disk must contain
the "NT" boot sector. Format a diskette (on a Windows NT machine, not a
DOS/Win9x, so the "NT" boot sector gets written to the floppy), then copy
ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini to it. Edit the boot.ini to give it a
correct ARC path for the machine you wish to boot.

In order for this to work you'll want to change the arc path in boot.ini
from multi syntax to scsi syntax to indicate that Windows NT will load a
boot device driver and use that driver to access the boot partition. Then
also copy the correct manufacturer scsi driver to the floppy but renamed to
ntbootdd.sys
(note: if your controller is IDE then use atapi.sys extracted from SP6A
renamed as ntbootdd.sys)

Something like this below;

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows
[operating systems]
scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT 0,1"
scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows NT 0,2"
scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT 1,1"
scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows NT 1,2"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Norhashimi Hussain" wrote:
| Hello, I got the blue screen error which stated like this:
|
| *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x8146E030, 0xC0000032, 0x0000000,0x0000000)
| INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
|
| this problem come because of many time of power failure in my server room
| due to the construction behind of our building. Please help me how i want
| solve this problem since there are a lot of important data inside there...
|
| I wondering if i reinstall win nt v4.0, is there will be lost all the data
| like mssql data and the iis webserver data...any one please help me..

It looks like a problem with the hard drive. Boot from the Windows NT Server
CD and try the Repair option, using the ERD, if you have one.