NOT A VALID COMPUTER NAME ERROR

Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

Hello,

I restarted my server this morning and alll network functions are down.
In the event log it says

Workstation
<computer_name> is not a valid computer name

Which leads to 5 or 6 critical thing not working including tcp/ip. I have
had a look on the website of microsoft and it syaqy that my WINS database has
a static entry.
I do not use wins or dhcp as all my clients use a static ip address to speak
to the server. WINS is not even a service on my computer.

Any ideas anybody.

PS is the new service pack stable !!!

What new service pack are you referring to?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]