Recommended Page File size

I would appreciate an (official\actual) response from a Microsoft
representative to this question.
The PC used on our real time control equipment consists of:
Windows 2000 Professional
P4 - 3.2 GHz Single processor (with hyper-threading disabled)
2 GB of RAM (Dual-channel 400MHz DDR SDRAM)
2 physical hard drives:
HD1: 80 GB, contains OS (Primary\boot)
HD2: 300GB logical data drive (no OS)

The question is what is the recommended fixed size of the paging file
(virtual memory setting) to get the best performance as the PC is used in a
real time control setting?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about recommended page file size

    There's no fixed answer to this one. Depends on what you're doing with the
    machine. This link may help you.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/core/fnec_evl_wafw.asp

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "LookingForAdvice" wrote:
    |I would appreciate an (official\actual) response from a Microsoft
    | representative to this question.
    | The PC used on our real time control equipment consists of:
    | Windows 2000 Professional
    | P4 - 3.2 GHz Single processor (with hyper-threading disabled)
    | 2 GB of RAM (Dual-channel 400MHz DDR SDRAM)
    | 2 physical hard drives:
    | HD1: 80 GB, contains OS (Primary\boot)
    | HD2: 300GB logical data drive (no OS)
    |
    | The question is what is the recommended fixed size of the paging file
    | (virtual memory setting) to get the best performance as the PC is used in
    | real time control setting?
    |
    | Thank you.

Microsoft Windows