Trouble with MSPaint

I have a user that has AutoCADD 2004 on his machine and if he tries to open
paint he gets this error "The Dynamic Link Librray MFC42u.DLL could not be
found in the specified path
C\WINNT\system32;C\WNNT\system32;C\WNNT\system;C\WNNT;C\WNNT\system32;C\Wnnt;C\program files\common file\Auto desk shared\"

I copied the dill into every spot it asked it iand got the error "The
application or DLL C:\WNNT\system32\MFC42u.DLL is not a valid Windows NT
image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

This machine was recently reformated and NT workstation was installed all
new along with all it's software. It had the same problem with paint beofre
the reformating. Yes for a very short time after the reformating paint did
work properly. Does anyone have an idea's as to why this happens?

The DLL was probably replaced by something that was installed.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]