I was looking at the Wings of Power P-51 and B-17. They look great, and I'm
thinking of buying one or both, but I'm concerned about their potential
impact on frame rate.

I just recently started using FS2004, and the few addon aircraft I've tried
work fairly smoothly considering my system is only 1.8G. I recently
downloaded an FA18E by Daisuki Yamamoto and found it tends to cause some
studdering. I have to pull the sliders back to minimal to eliminate it

I was just wondering if anyone else had purchased either of these aircraft
and if they had any impact on frame rate, i.e. how smooth the program ran.
Also BTW, were they worth the money? Sure looks like it.

Thanks,

Keith

"Keith Martin" <kmarti16@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>I was looking at the Wings of Power P-51 and B-17. They look great, and
>I'm
> thinking of buying one or both, but I'm concerned about their potential
> impact on frame rate.
>
> I just recently started using FS2004, and the few addon aircraft I've
> tried
> work fairly smoothly considering my system is only 1.8G. I recently
> downloaded an FA18E by Daisuki Yamamoto and found it tends to cause some
> studdering. I have to pull the sliders back to minimal to eliminate it
>
> I was just wondering if anyone else had purchased either of these aircraft
> and if they had any impact on frame rate, i.e. how smooth the program ran.
> Also BTW, were they worth the money? Sure looks like it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Keith,

I just bought the WoP Heavy Bombers set:

- B17F/G
- B29
- B24D/J
- PBY4-2
- Lancaster
- Arado Ar234B2
- Fw Ta183 "Huckebein"
- He 162 "Salamander"

So far, I'm having a blast with them all. The exteriors are outstanding and
the interiors aren't too bad either. The bombers feel "heavy" to fly and
the jets are twitchy and underpowered (which seems right to me.) Wish they
would have included the Me262 as well.

Not too hard on the frame rate, but on my system, I do get some occasional
stutter when I switch to an exterior view over a densly populated area. I
think there is just too much detail in the pipeline needing to be drawn and
it takes a couple of beats to slap the textures on everything.

Worth the $29 I paid at Comp USA...

My $0.02 ... YMMV...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ

"Keith Martin" wrote:

>I was looking at the Wings of Power P-51 and B-17. They look great, and
>I'm
> thinking of buying one or both, but I'm concerned about their potential
> impact on frame rate.

For the WOP-P51 i can say, it's the best Addon-P51 out there (imo). That
applys to the VC, the flight-model and also the performance.

I've got some performance problems with other addons, like the RA-Spitfire
(on my system), but the WOP-P51 runs very smooth.

Jan