Sign in with
Your question

Jetway 939GT4-SLI , a very interesting MOBO!

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 12:45:24 PM

Anands has a review of the Jetway 939GT4-SLI motherboard.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2507" target="_new">See it for yourself</A>
It is a top overclocker, almost as good as DFI, onyl downside is memory voltage up to 3.25V only...

Interesting feature, it features the three PCIe slots, one(in the middle) is a full16x and the other are 8x. The two others get disabled when you have a card in the central one.

Whats really interesting is the price!
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681..." target="_new">At 130$ on newegg</A>
The sli is cheaper than <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681..." target="_new">DFI's Ultra board!</A>

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
August 24, 2005 1:47:37 PM

Jetway is viewed is a mid-level, bargain mobo mfr - the pricing follows suit. DFI Ultra-D is seen as the premier A64 board - especially for OCers - and the pricing reflects that, too.

August 24, 2005 3:08:21 PM

I know that, but if you read the article(im sure you did...) they talk about how they perceived JetWay as "mid-ran" and how they where surprised by the qualit of the design/components, example like the heatsink on the mofset...

Basically, this board offers most of the stuff the high-end offers and mid-range price. thats why I think its interesting.
Especially for someone one a tighter budget that would like to have a SLI board because he's getting a raise soon and will be able to slap another card! BUT he needs the new system now! And we all know that happens every day :wink:

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 24, 2005 3:18:45 PM

Read it...just blurting out the obvious on pricing. Interesting? Yes.
Going to the top of my recommended list? No.
It's always great to find a diamond in the rough. Just approach it with caution and know what you're getting into...it is still in the rough!

August 24, 2005 4:13:36 PM

Yup, totally agree with you!!
A similar Ultra board could get some reccomandation for tight budget thought!

a b V Motherboard
August 24, 2005 9:16:24 PM

You can get the same board from EVGA for more money, OR the same board with the nForce4 standard chipset from EVGA for less. The cheaper board can be chip-modified. You've probably already read the review at Sysopt.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2005 3:01:06 PM

Yup I did read the review and it seams like a good board. And the review was nice BTW!

But in terms of overclocking, the Jetway seams to be head and shoulder above the eVga.

I agree that serious OCer wont go for mid-range board but wusy style OCer might find it interesting!

March 27, 2012 8:05:36 PM

I bought one recently. It had good specs for the price. I paid $67.00 on ebay for a new one. So far it's great, got my A64x2 4200+ up to 2.4 stable and played COD MW3 for a couple of hrs. using a zalman cpns7000B CU. I just uped a few settings to see how it would perform. I haven't really tapped it's potential because I didn't want to fry anything right off the bat. I'm looking for someone else who has OCd it so I'll know what to tweak and how far. any tips would help. I'll post the oc bios settings if need be.
April 3, 2012 9:20:24 PM

Well this board didn't last long. 3 of the caps started leaking. They used inferior caps and they looked like they had popped. I read of others with this board having the same issue. Going to return it and just get a newer socket type.
It seems like certain boards have these FZ55 caps all over it. :( 
!