A3 inkjet printers

I own today a Canon i850 A4 printer and I am happy with the prints. Now I
would like an A3 printer to get bigger images and I wonder what is the best
printer: Canon i9100 (6 inks), Canon i6500 (4 inks) or Hewlett Packard
Deskjet 9650 ?

Of course the Epson 1290S, 2100 are A3 printers, but I got a lot of bad
comments about Epson clogged nozzles and this "detail" worry.

Could you give me your opinion about and perhaps some good reviews.

Thanks a lot.

JCB

In article <Z1bbd.5626$1p.4837@nntpserver.swip.net>, jcbertier@tele2.fr
(jean-claude Bertier) wrote:

> Of course the Epson 1290S, 2100 are A3 printers, but I got a lot of bad
> comments about Epson clogged nozzles and this "detail" worry.

Some of us have been running Epson printers for a long time without any
clogging problems at all. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with the
environment they're kept in and others seem to agree. Keep them in a
reasonably humid atmosphere, out of direct sunlight, away from a radiator,
etc. and you shouldn't have any problems.

Jon.

jean-claude Bertier wrote:

> I own today a Canon i850 A4 printer and I am happy with the prints. Now I
> would like an A3 printer to get bigger images and I wonder what is the best
> printer: Canon i9100 (6 inks), Canon i6500 (4 inks) or Hewlett Packard
> Deskjet 9650 ?
>
> Of course the Epson 1290S, 2100 are A3 printers, but I got a lot of bad
> comments about Epson clogged nozzles and this "detail" worry.
>
> Could you give me your opinion about and perhaps some good reviews.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> JCB

I'm very happy with my i9950 Canon printer. It has 8 inks, but nearly never uses
the red and green ink.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

Jon,

Thank you for your fast answer about Epson inkjet printers.
It's true that Epson has a good reputation for doing the best prints and I
agree with your opinion about clogging: whatever equipment you use, it needs
some care to give nice results. Maybe Epson printers are a bit more sticky
about.

Well, could you tell me what is your favorite Epson A3 printer?

JCB

"Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: memo.20041014020748.2512D@blue.compulink.co.uk...
> In article <Z1bbd.5626$1p.4837@nntpserver.swip.net>, jcbertier@tele2.fr
> Some of us have been running Epson printers for a long time without any
> clogging problems at all. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with the
> environment they're kept in and others seem to agree. Keep them in a
> reasonably humid atmosphere, out of direct sunlight, away from a radiator,
> etc. and you shouldn't have any problems.
>
> Jon.

Toby

A new Epson A3 printer has just been announced in Japan that looks like it
will replace the 2100/2200. It uses the Ultrachorme G inks like the latest
Epson A4 printers (the R800 in the US)--improved gamut, longevity, much
faster print speeds (3.5x), lower consumable costs (about 30% ), no bronzing
and the ability to make glossy prints distinguish it from the 2100,2200. It
comes out in Nov here, no idea when it will be introduced into other
markets.

Toby

In article <POLbd.6018$1p.5170@nntpserver.swip.net>, jcbertier@tele2.fr
(jean-claude Bertier) wrote:

> Well, could you tell me what is your favorite Epson A3 printer?

I only know the 2100, from which I get superb results. If you intend to do
a lot of printing with one, I'd think about getting a continuous inking
system, though. Les cartouches d'encre d'Epson ne sont pas exactement bon
marché!

Jon.

To: "BenOne©"

Thanks for your answer.

I am not sure that a 8 inks printer give better results than a 6 inks. I
would like to compare the same 6Mo 13x18" image done with the i9950 and the
i9100 (6 inks). Do you believe one can see any difference? Did you make any
try about?

But anyway the Canons are probably the fastest and easiest printers.

An interesting opinion : http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

Regards.

JCB

In article <416fe758$0$50916$45beb828@newscene.com>, kymarto123@ybb.ne.jpp
(Toby) wrote:

> A new Epson A3 printer has just been announced in Japan...
> It comes out in Nov here, no idea when it will be introduced into other
> markets.

Spring is rumoured for Europe.

It does sound like a very attractive proposition.

Jon.

jean-claude Bertier wrote:

> To: "BenOne©"
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I am not sure that a 8 inks printer give better results than a 6 inks. I
> would like to compare the same 6Mo 13x18" image done with the i9950 and the
> i9100 (6 inks). Do you believe one can see any difference? Did you make any
> try about?
>
> But anyway the Canons are probably the fastest and easiest printers.
>
> An interesting opinion : http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

Hi Jean-Claude,

I did not compare the prints of i9950 and 9100. I am certainly very happy with
my i9950 though - the colours are great and the printer is extremely fast and quiet.

The two extra inks in the i9950 don't seem to get used much. My photo magenta
cartridge just ran out for the first time, but the red cartridge still has over
95% ink remaining.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.