  • Stop Error
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 12, 2004 5:37:02 PM

it's an unable to load device driver, 0xc000012f, and the driver was
\systemroot\system32\drivers\ks.sys

I tried logging on in safe mode, restoring last known good config, directory
services restore mode, fixboot, chkdsk(it wouldnt let me run it it told me to
use /p to run anyways, wouldnt let me...) and i tried disabling it, but it's
saying it didnt exist. I got this error after i was running directx 9.0
update and i got a memory dump during this process... I have no idea what to
do except for reinstalling windows...if anyone can help me fix this other
than reinstalling i'd be grateful.

More about : stop error

November 13, 2004 1:35:50 PM

"Daemon" <Daemon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> it's an unable to load device driver, 0xc000012f, and the driver was
> \systemroot\system32\drivers\ks.sys

Did you say safe mode? Windows NT does not have safe mode. Are you running
NT?

In any case, I found this article by googling on windows and ks.sys:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812035

If that or other results from a google search don't get you anywhere, you
might be better to try asking in the designated group from your OS.

Brian
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 11:57:01 PM

Well, I'm using win2k professional edition, which has NT technonogly...soooo
i'm guessing it's NT. It did however help by telling me it was an intel
problem, yet it was for XP...i'll look around, if anyone can help me out
here, feel free to post.
November 15, 2004 12:44:00 PM

"Daemon" <Daemon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Well, I'm using win2k professional edition, which has NT
technonogly...soooo
> i'm guessing it's NT. It did however help by telling me it was an intel
> problem, yet it was for XP...i'll look around, if anyone can help me out
> here, feel free to post.

Glad to help, however rather than continuing to ask here for help, there is
a whole slew of groups dedicated to windows 2000 where you have a better
chance of finding an answer. Check the m.p.win2000 groups. Also you might be
able to find previous mention of your problem by searching those groups
using groups.google.com.

Brian
!