The Great THG overhaul

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
I can't believe they're not giving out free cake. If you want to win people over cake is the only way to do it.

I can only hope they do what they say as well but I know they won't.

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Im likin the look so far, and for me it loads ALOT faster than old.

One gripe: i dont like how wide it is, i hate having to move horizontal, im a vertical kind of guy
And yes i use netscraper 7.1, bookmark management is the easiest.

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
I for one Do NOT LIKE IT

it's convoluted, busy, and all over the place

There's no sense of flow. where's the new articles? down here? up there? underwhere? (yes, i just said underwear. )

it doesnt flow. and that is a big problem with it's ease of use. you are forced to look in difference places or randomly for different articles from different sections. you break up the flow with adds DEAD in the middle of the page.

i think they did themselves a great disservice and could have managed a MUCH nicer layout.

I agree with you it does look busy.

What I'd really like to see is a personalise page where you login (using your TG Forumz logon of course) and can choose what feeds you want and where to place them on one page.

^ Am I describing that well enough?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I for one Do NOT LIKE IT
Me either, and for pretty much all the same reasons. But then I stopped visiting ages ago because I haven't liked the articles forever. So what do I care if they want to make their layout as bad as their 'reviews'? :lol: :lol: :lol:

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
slvr, i know what you mean, i read the articles and think..

if i had the financial backing and the support that THG gets from the hardware industry, i could do my own site. i'd love to do reviews and test hardware and write about it. unfortunately thats not going to happen

and the forums are killing me, i havnt posted in a while cause the damn threads are all identical. it's either "Should i go dualcore" variation,or "whats the better CPU, intell this or AMD that?. and even the occiasional "do i need 64 bit."

it's the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Or "what's the best video card for $____?" (Without listing system specs usually.)

Or "what kind of RAM should I use in my ____?"

Or "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

Well ... okay, maybe not that last one. :wink:

But yeah. That's life.

Come to the dark side. Join me in insanity. Post something absolutely nonsensical. Go crazy. You know you want to...

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
oF COURSE i Do

And i will when I got the times :p

you knwo what scares me about the tootsie pop question.. I GOT it today

i was filling out a questionaire for fun and there it was...

but ya. it's the same. all the same. i understand there are newbies and they need help. but there is a search feature. there's no need to repeat a topic that someone asked for help with a day ago.

if no one asked about it in like 14 days ok... but yesterday there were 2 topics (makin tnumber up) "should i get dualcore" and then twoday were two more

Krane

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
I don't like it!!!
It's too busy, and not the most user friendly laid out!!
I know that they have to live and therfore to have adds, but they r taking too much space in the (almost) main space of the window, and disattracting your mind from the page!!
Another minus is that it reduces the space where the articles used to be and now the layout of the articles isn't so nice and easy to read!!

Anyway kudos for THG for going for a such radical change at once!!!

And hope that it will improve with time!!

The regular readers will eventually accomodate, But if it would be my first visit to this site I would close the window and move to another review site, which it would be a shame because I think ithis site is the best one, although iit seems that lately the articles don't have the same spice and sharpness they used to. Hmm.... R they cooking something for the holidays??