How to restore the administrator password

Hi!;

I'm facing one user account problem. I have one PC with using Windows NT
workstation 4.0 and my user lost the administrator password therefore we can
not add or remove any program on the system. So anyone can tell me the method
how to restore the administrator password or can allow user to add or remove
program in normal user account environment.

Thanks & Regards

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"kysiow" <kysiow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> I'm facing one user account problem. I have one PC with using Windows NT
> workstation 4.0 and my user lost the administrator password therefore we
can
> not add or remove any program on the system. So anyone can tell me the
method
> how to restore the administrator password or can allow user to add or
remove
> program in normal user account environment.

Is this system on a network? You should be able to connect to the system
with user manager and reset the admin password. Then change your office
policy so that users don't get the admin passwords. If they must have admin
rights on their local machine, give them an account in their name with admin
rights.

Brian

Calvin

Hi Kysiow,

Try:

Off-Line Password Editor by Petter Nordahl-Hagen - allows you to reset the Admin
9or any other account) password if you lose it without having to reinstall the
whole OS.

Calvin