cannot install microsoft client or network service

bill

Working with some pc's which apparently have the Microsoft Client and
the File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks disabled or
hidden. When you click add for either they don't show in the listing.
Anyone know what file I need or how I can get these components back to
enable sharing on these guys?

What is the operating system?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Bill" wrote:
| Working with some pc's which apparently have the Microsoft Client and
| the File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks disabled or
| hidden. When you click add for either they don't show in the listing.
| Anyone know what file I need or how I can get these components back to
| enable sharing on these guys?

bill

Sorry Dave - NT 4 workstation; I did find a workaround but would still
be very interested in the answer here if you have it. Thanks - Bill

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message news:<Ox6uumn0EHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> What is the operating system?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Bill" wrote:
> | Working with some pc's which apparently have the Microsoft Client and
> | the File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks disabled or
> | hidden. When you click add for either they don't show in the listing.
> | Anyone know what file I need or how I can get these components back to
> | enable sharing on these guys?

You'll need to install the server service in order to share resources.
Control Panel|Network|Services