Kixstart Script error in Citrix

Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.

I have a citrix server farm, running off Windows 2000 server Active
Directory for the user accounts.

We use a Kixstart script for our logons. Every now and again the
script runs through the relevant drive mappings etc..then stalls..and
slowly displays a series of numbers such as 0's (zeros) slowly, one by
one across the bottom of the logon screen..sometimes the remainder of
the logon takes 5,10,15 mins.

Anyone have a clue as to what these are? or why they would slow the
logon process.

Thanks for any help

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about kixstart script error citrix

    "Andy Viner" <andy_viner@hotmail.com> wrote
    > Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.

    Nope, you are off the mark. This group is for Windows NT. If you were able
    to find this group, I'm surprised you didn't see the one for Windows 2000.
    However given the nature of your question, I would actually start by
    searching groups.google.com to see if you can find what groups have
    discussed this type of question.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    "Andy Viner" <andy_viner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.
    >
    > I have a citrix server farm, running off Windows 2000 server Active
    > Directory for the user accounts.
    >
    > We use a Kixstart script for our logons. Every now and again the
    > script runs through the relevant drive mappings etc..then stalls..and
    > slowly displays a series of numbers such as 0's (zeros) slowly, one by
    > one across the bottom of the logon screen..sometimes the remainder of
    > the logon takes 5,10,15 mins.
    >
    > Anyone have a clue as to what these are? or why they would slow the
    > logon process.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Andy

    The '0's are the result codes from the Kix script. They get written to
    standard output - in this case the monitor. Precede the commands with $= to
    stop them from displaying.

    Whenever my Kix scripts have taken a long time to run its generally because
    they are trying to access a network resource that isn't present and the
    command has to time out before it can move on to the next.

    What are the commands it seems to be hanging on?

    HTH
    Stace.

Script Error Citrix Windows