Kixstart Script error in Citrix

Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.

I have a citrix server farm, running off Windows 2000 server Active
Directory for the user accounts.

We use a Kixstart script for our logons. Every now and again the
script runs through the relevant drive mappings etc..then stalls..and
slowly displays a series of numbers such as 0's (zeros) slowly, one by
one across the bottom of the logon screen..sometimes the remainder of
the logon takes 5,10,15 mins.

Anyone have a clue as to what these are? or why they would slow the
logon process.

Thanks for any help

Andy

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"Andy Viner" <andy_viner@hotmail.com> wrote
> Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.

Nope, you are off the mark. This group is for Windows NT. If you were able
to find this group, I'm surprised you didn't see the one for Windows 2000.
However given the nature of your question, I would actually start by
searching groups.google.com to see if you can find what groups have
discussed this type of question.

stace

"Andy Viner" <andy_viner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Firstly, Hope i have got the correct group, apologies if i haven't.
>
> I have a citrix server farm, running off Windows 2000 server Active
> Directory for the user accounts.
>
> We use a Kixstart script for our logons. Every now and again the
> script runs through the relevant drive mappings etc..then stalls..and
> slowly displays a series of numbers such as 0's (zeros) slowly, one by
> one across the bottom of the logon screen..sometimes the remainder of
> the logon takes 5,10,15 mins.
>
> Anyone have a clue as to what these are? or why they would slow the
> logon process.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Andy

The '0's are the result codes from the Kix script. They get written to
standard output - in this case the monitor. Precede the commands with $= to
stop them from displaying.

Whenever my Kix scripts have taken a long time to run its generally because
they are trying to access a network resource that isn't present and the
command has to time out before it can move on to the next.

What are the commands it seems to be hanging on?

HTH
Stace.