Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer won't work

My fiance disabled our virus protection and we caught a variety. I cleared
out the viruses and reinstalled WinNT multiple times and each time Windows
Explorer and Internet Explorer refuse to work. I've now upgraded to XP
Professional with the same problems. I seem to have some internet access
with programs that self-update. I used an IE installer ... didn't work.

How can I reinstall or fix Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer in XP?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer internet explorer work

    To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom. When you get to
    the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found. After you
    delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again restart the pc booting
    the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new
    install.

    Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these to your new install before connecting
    to any network.

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Dan" wrote:
    | My fiance disabled our virus protection and we caught a variety. I
    cleared
    | out the viruses and reinstalled WinNT multiple times and each time Windows
    | Explorer and Internet Explorer refuse to work. I've now upgraded to XP
    | Professional with the same problems. I seem to have some internet access
    | with programs that self-update. I used an IE installer ... didn't work.
    |
    | How can I reinstall or fix Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer in XP?

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Windows XP Windows