Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer won't work

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
November 26, 2004 9:59:02 PM

My fiance disabled our virus protection and we caught a variety. I cleared
out the viruses and reinstalled WinNT multiple times and each time Windows
Explorer and Internet Explorer refuse to work. I've now upgraded to XP
Professional with the same problems. I seem to have some internet access
with programs that self-update. I used an IE installer ... didn't work.

How can I reinstall or fix Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer in XP?
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 11:55:55 PM

To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom. When you get to
the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found. After you
delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again restart the pc booting
the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new
install.

Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these to your new install before connecting
to any network.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03...

--