Register DLL

Yury

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

Problem 1

We are trying to register our COM object as a DLL (using regsvr32).
When we do this as an Admin or Standard type user, it works ok. But
if we try to do it as a Restricted type user it fails.

Problem 2

If we register the DLL as an Admin or Standard type user, and then try
to access it as a Restricted user - it cannot access.

Problem 1 would be nice to solve - however it is problem 2 that we are
having the most trouble with. Any advice?

You'll need to get in touch with the developer. The DLL may contain
functions that require special or elevated registry permissions.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]