Problem on adding Windows XP as client into Windows NT net..

The existing Network is running windows NT 4.0 sp6 as server, and with
clients which is running windows 98 and windows Me. I have already setup the
correct setting in windows xp sp2 machine. Some information like as gateway,
tcpip, DNS are already match as the other client. I have also start the
netbios, file and printer sharing, netbeui...
However, the result is the "network place" on xp cannot found another
client. Only show out the server machine.
On Server NT, I can see all the clients on network, but I can't access to xp
machine. The xp PC is also not found in all the other client PC.

I have tried "ping", there have respond only in xp to NT; no respond in xp
to the other client; and no respond in NT to XP; and no respond in other
client to XP.

Is there any mistake may cause these. Please give me a hand, thanks a lot!

Will,

Are you running SP2? Is the firewall enabled? That my be blocking ICMP
(ping) requests. Even if you have not installed SP2 yet, SP1 also would
block ICMP (ping) traffic unless it was explicitly authorized. It has been
a while since I have looked at a XP w/SP1 box but I believe that if you
bring up the properties of the network connection (Local Area Connection for
example) and click on the Advanced tab you should see some options that will
allow you to control whether your PC will respond to ping requests.

In Windows XP w/SP2, check do the following:

Right-click on the Local Area Connection
On the properties page, click on the Advanced tab
In the Windows Firewall section, click on the Settings button
On the Windows Firewall dialog, click on the Advanced tab
In the ICMP section, click on the Settings button
The Allow incoming echo request checkbox must be checked

Thanks.