Benchmarking the XBOX 360.

MrAnderson

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Is there any benchmarks of the full capabilities of the XBOX 360 compared to a PC to get a perspective of the computing power of the device?

MrAnderson

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Wasnt the CPU based upon the MAC?

Could it be possible for someone to install the CPU in a MAC and benchmark the CPU?

Could it be possible someone with the DEV kit or when the 360 gets modded to benchmark it then?

The original XBOX if modded can run Linux from there I would imaging benchmarks could be run from the unit or would we have to wait until the 360 is modded for this answer?

lwnexgen2

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
No there aren't any benchmarks, see post above for reason. No you couldn't put it in a mac because the xb360's CPU isn't a standard PowerPC cpu. Its the same with the original xbox. It had, I believe, a modified PIII running at 733mHz and there would be no point trying to stick it on a PC motherboard.

MrAnderson

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
There is a mod to replace the Xbox cpu with a 1433 mhz one but it messes up a lot of games.

Ok so I understand it. The power PC chip in the xbox cannot be removed to test performance.

Then I guess we will have to wait for a 360 mod but even then they wont have all the right opcodes to test properly.

MercilessDeadlyRaven

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
The Xbox 360 has a triple core processor. You cant recreate that without spending a decent amount of money. Like slvr_phoenix says, we just cant do it without throwing down a few thousand dollars.

TRENDING THREADS