the Control Panel is not available anymore?

That is correct, they announced it at the 5.10 and 5.11 launch that they were going to start discontinuing the CP version (non for mobile for 5.10).
To them CP is done. Even Omega has decided to stop supporting CP, which sucks because of the amount of bloat associated with it.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Repost from That Thread

I am impressed with the Catalyst 5.12, they really improved the performance of my system while playing SOE's MMOFPS Planetside, especially in target rich environnement which are ressource heavy on the CPU.

Unfortunately, ATI, in their great wisdom, decided not to include the good old Control Panel, which I feel is an attempt to force their Control Center bloatware down our throat.

CAT512.jpg

dhlucke

Polypheme
I can't get the control center to do the alt-f5 switch between monitors hotkey. The control panel was so simple, the control center bogs my computer down when I'm in there trying to change something.

pauldh

Illustrious
There ya go. I hadn't checked ATI's site to see if the control panel version is under optional downloads or not. I prefer the old control panel and hope it remains available for good.

Wonder if they fixed MOHAA yet? Cat 5.7 and on has had troubles with the MOHAA series. :x

bobbydamm

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
Yep I totally agree.
I started to download and did not see my cp/dd.
All that was there was ccc.
I looked and looked. Nope. Ok. I cancelled out.
Control Center always seems to mess up and I find it Buggy.
Control Panel was Always easy to use and a breeze at that.
I said uh-oh.
I can't remove the ATi icon from the desktop tray with Control Ctr.
It does not give you the freedom of control like Panel did.
(Question:'Enable Truform' not found anymore....what's up with that?)
Well, I suppose I can wimper and moan to no avail.
It's over.
:oops:
(C'mon 5.13, cut us a Break!!!!!)

5.12 with standard control panel...

Nice find. Yeah I expected someone to make a CP version.

Omega said he was going to stop making a CP version in his last release.

Well the new 5.12 Mobility (sans very-fuk-eh-shun tool) drivers are ready (same url every time);

http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/

Unfortunately they are CC, you can make mobility drivers from the official CP version using the DH mod tool but I find them to be less stable.

My problem with CCC is that it won't run. Period. Since about Catalyst 5.7 I think...

When CCC was first released, I tried it and it ran fine... but after a couple of driver updates, it refused to run for some reason. Even after a fresh load of Windows and all the updates, I still can't get CCC to run with the latest drivers. It's extremely odd and somewhat annoying... but I don't mind sticking with the Control Panel. I just wish I knew what the problem with CCC was.

(Running a Radeon 9700Pro, in case you're wondering)

eck

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2005
Have you made sure that CLI.exe is set to startup in msconfig? If you disabled that it can give you trouble.

TRENDING THREADS