Repair Disk

jeff

I am trying to create a emergency disk and I am getting a error(Disk is full,
copied files to the hard disk). Is there a fix and where did the information
on the hard disk get put? Any help will be good and Thanks

Calvin

Hi Jeff,

This is a common problem as the registry on a machine grows ever larger with
added software and a growing security hive as more users get added.

It is nothing to panic about. The system has simply announced that the registry
hives are now too big to fit onto the floppy disk. A full and complete backup
has still been accomplished. It is stored in the \WinNT\repair folder. The
hives are compressed and stored, so they will appear in the form hivename._

You can copy this folder to anywhere you like for safe keeping. Microsoft
Knowledgebase article 130029 - "Error Message: The Emergency Repair Disk Is
Full" explains what is happening and offers some suggestions about it.

Calvin.