NET USE COMMAND

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

Anybody know a fix for this? I checked the KB at Microsoft but they say to
contact the vendor of the offending program. In this case, the offending
program is from Microsoft!!!

I have 2 NT4 Servers with SP6a and all of the latest patches that Microsoft
has cared to release. Nothing has been installed on either of them recently
and they have been running very stable. But, for some strange reason, the
"NET USE" command in the logon script doesn't work anymore. I keep getting
the following error.....

"NET.EXE - Entry point not found."
"The procedure entry point DelayLoadFailureHook could not be located in the
dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

For the most part, these 2 servers just sit there and do their thing. I am
the only person who works on them locally. Nothing has been installed on
either one for a couple of months, yet they just started exhibiting this
behaviour about a week ago. And, it is happening on BOTH servers. They
popup one of these error messages for each NET USE command in the batch file.

Is there some sort of time bomb built into NT to force it into retirement?
What am I missing here? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I'm pulling
my hair out and I don't have much left.

This sounds a bit wierd. I would do a quick check to see if you have an
extra net.exe or KERNEL32.DLL in your path somehow. Might be worth scanning
the entire drive to see if an extra (old?) copy is laying around somewhere.

Ken