hard drive partitions ...

We have Windows NT 4.0 on our office machines. The hard drives are
partitioned into three letter drives, C:, D:, and E:
The C: and D: drives are only 2MB drives and are NTFS. Now it is my
understanding that in order to install Windows XP Pro we need at least 1.5
MB. Should I try an upgrade to XP Pro or a complete new install. If so,
how do I format a HDD that has been used for NT and partitioned as above?

I would certainly appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

Clint
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive partitions

    You are getting your termonology wrong. No operating system will fit on a 2
    MB drive.

    I think you mean 2 gigabyte drive.

    Right click on the "C" drive in explorer and select properties. What does it
    say for used space? Free space?

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Clint" <clinton@morrisautomation.com> wrote in message
    > We have Windows NT 4.0 on our office machines. The hard drives are
    > partitioned into three letter drives, C:, D:, and E:
    > The C: and D: drives are only 2MB drives and are NTFS. Now it is my
    > understanding that in order to install Windows XP Pro we need at least 1.5
    > MB. Should I try an upgrade to XP Pro or a complete new install. If so,
    > how do I format a HDD that has been used for NT and partitioned as above?
    >
    > I would certainly appreciate any help on this.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Clint

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Danny Sanders wrote:
    > You are getting your termonology wrong. No operating system will fit on a 2
    > MB drive.

    Huh. I remember my first hard drive. It was absolutely
    HUMONGOUS - a whole 10 MB. AT&T DOS, WordPerfect, and Lotus
    between them used up less than 2 MB and I thought the remaining
    8 MB would take forever to fill up. :-)

Windows XP Windows NT Hard Drives Windows