hard drive partitions ...

clint

We have Windows NT 4.0 on our office machines. The hard drives are
partitioned into three letter drives, C:, D:, and E:
The C: and D: drives are only 2MB drives and are NTFS. Now it is my
understanding that in order to install Windows XP Pro we need at least 1.5
MB. Should I try an upgrade to XP Pro or a complete new install. If so,
how do I format a HDD that has been used for NT and partitioned as above?

I would certainly appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

Clint

You are getting your termonology wrong. No operating system will fit on a 2
MB drive.

I think you mean 2 gigabyte drive.

Right click on the "C" drive in explorer and select properties. What does it
say for used space? Free space?

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

Danny Sanders wrote:
> You are getting your termonology wrong. No operating system will fit on a 2
> MB drive.

Huh. I remember my first hard drive. It was absolutely
HUMONGOUS - a whole 10 MB. AT&T DOS, WordPerfect, and Lotus
between them used up less than 2 MB and I thought the remaining
8 MB would take forever to fill up. :)