Monikers

Q: Where is Melissa?

A: Oh she is now known as Lawn Dart.

Q: Where is cheers and beers Don?

A: Oh he is now known as CRaSH.

Q: Anybody else changed their Moniker? As performing tail spins with my Extra makes me dizzy enough.

Bill
59 answers Last reply
More about monikers

    BillW50 wrote:
    > Q: Where is Melissa?
    >
    > A: Oh she is now known as Lawn Dart.
    >
    > Q: Where is cheers and beers Don?
    >
    > A: Oh he is now known as CRaSH.
    >
    > Q: Anybody else changed their Moniker? As performing tail spins with
    > my Extra makes me dizzy enough.

    But, the sigs at the bottom don't change. Now we're working on the "Texas
    Flytrap"........
    d;->))

    Cheers'n Beers... [_])
    Don

    CRaSH wrote:
    > BillW50 wrote:
    >> Q: Where is Melissa?
    >>
    >> A: Oh she is now known as Lawn Dart.

    I am a bit miffed or even upset about this, as my wife used to wear a
    gorgeous nightdress some years ago called Melissa, and the name always
    brought back fond mem......oh bugger, I've fallen asleep again...what was I
    saying?

    Quilly

    Hi BillW50,

    I think Dallas may consider changing his moniker to Varmit, but hey,
    I've been wrong before....!! :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "BillW50" <BillW50@aol.kom> wrote in message

    Q: Where is Melissa?

    A: Oh she is now known as Lawn Dart.

    Q: Where is cheers and beers Don?

    A: Oh he is now known as CRaSH.

    Q: Anybody else changed their Moniker? As performing tail spins with my
    Extra makes me dizzy enough.

    Bill

    ROTFL !!!

    Varmit. That takes the cake :)

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:422e9e4c$0$1023$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > Hi BillW50,
    >
    > I think Dallas may consider changing his moniker to Varmit, but hey,
    > I've been wrong before....!! :-))
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "BillW50" <BillW50@aol.kom> wrote in message
    >
    > Q: Where is Melissa?
    >
    > A: Oh she is now known as Lawn Dart.
    >
    > Q: Where is cheers and beers Don?
    >
    > A: Oh he is now known as CRaSH.
    >
    > Q: Anybody else changed their Moniker? As performing tail spins with my
    > Extra makes me dizzy enough.
    >

    > Bill

    Hi Carl,

    It just seems to flow off the keyboard so easily! :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward

    John Ward wrote:
    > Hi Carl,
    >
    > It just seems to flow off the keyboard so easily! :-)

    I'm amazed Quilly hasn't corrected the spelling - 'varmint' - unless it's
    different down under of course.
    No doubt asleep at the keyboard again......... d;->))

    BTW - when's varmint due back??

    ___| reply |__________________________________________________________

    I'm amazed Quilly hasn't corrected the spelling - 'varmint' - unless
    it's
    different down under of course.

    For those, like myself, who learned the English language from Yosemite
    Sam, "varmit" is indeed the preferred spelling. However, according to
    my very biggest dictionary (and I have a lot of them), the standard
    spelling is varment or varmint, although varmant, -munt, verment,
    warment, -mint, and -mit can also be found in the wild.

    >> I'm amazed Quilly hasn't corrected the spelling - 'varmint' - unless
    >> it's different down under of course.

    I don't come from Down Under actually my good man. I hail from Winchester
    UK.

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
    > For those, like myself, who learned the English language from Yosemite
    > Sam, "varmit" is indeed the preferred spelling. However, according to
    > my very biggest dictionary (and I have a lot of them), the standard
    > spelling is varment or varmint, although varmant, -munt, verment,
    > warment, -mint, and -mit can also be found in the wild.

    "Varmit" seems to fit perfectly the personality in question......

    Quilljar wrote:
    > I don't come from Down Under actually my good man. I hail from
    > Winchester UK.

    Keenly aware of that, but I was referencing JayDub's use of the word..
    d:->))

    Hi crash,

    He just got back, so keep your eyes peeled for posts from some new guy
    called Varmit! :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward
    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > John Ward wrote:
    > > Hi Carl,
    > >
    > > It just seems to flow off the keyboard so easily! :-)
    >
    > I'm amazed Quilly hasn't corrected the spelling - 'varmint' - unless it's
    > different down under of course.
    > No doubt asleep at the keyboard again......... d;->))
    >
    > BTW - when's varmint due back??

    Hi Crash,

    I was too busy laughing to think about any of the technicalities, mate!

    Down (or is it up) here, we're happy enough with whatever the
    Spellchecker lets through. :-)

    > Quilljar wrote:
    > > I don't come from Down Under actually my good man. I hail from
    > > Winchester UK.
    > >

    > Keenly aware of that, but I was referencing JayDub's use of the word..
    > d:->))

    Hi Crash,

    Couldn't agree more, mate - and whatever he comes up with, we'll both
    just deny it all. :-))

    > David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
    > > For those, like myself, who learned the English language from Yosemite
    > > Sam, "varmit" is indeed the preferred spelling. However, according to
    > > my very biggest dictionary (and I have a lot of them), the standard
    > > spelling is varment or varmint, although varmant, -munt, verment,
    > > warment, -mint, and -mit can also be found in the wild.
    > >

    > "Varmit" seems to fit perfectly the personality in question......

    I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night with his buds. Isn't that the national sport of
    Texas? That and drinking Lone Star I believe :)

    Hey Dalli, isn't it nice to go on vacation and come back to all this?

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:422f9db8$0$10868$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
    > Hi Crash,
    >
    > Couldn't agree more, mate - and whatever he comes up with, we'll both
    > just deny it all. :-))
    >
    > Regards,
    > John Ward
    > "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    >> David Wilson-Okamura wrote:
    >> > For those, like myself, who learned the English language from Yosemite
    >> > Sam, "varmit" is indeed the preferred spelling. However, according to
    >> > my very biggest dictionary (and I have a lot of them), the standard
    >> > spelling is varment or varmint, although varmant, -munt, verment,
    >> > warment, -mint, and -mit can also be found in the wild.
    >> >

    >> "Varmit" seems to fit perfectly the personality in question......

    Actually he didn't go on holiday. It was his Varmitza :-)

    Oy veh!

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:40:47 -0000, "Quilljar"
    <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >I don't come from Down Under actually my good man. I hail from Winchester
    >UK.

    Pronounced YU K :-)

    But I hail from Ooop North so what do I know about pronunciation.
    Fortunately, my mother saw the light when I was 16 and we both moved
    Darn Sarf.

    Toodle pip, old chap.
    James
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Quilljar"
    > I don't come from Down Under actually my good man. I hail from Winchester
    > UK.

    Well, that is sorta Down Under England....

    :-)

    Dallas
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Carl Frisk"
    > Hey Dalli, isn't it nice to go on vacation and come back to all this?

    Yeah, great... I leave for a day or two and come back to being called a
    predatory wild animal considered undesirable. :-)

    > I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night with his
    buds. Isn't that the national sport of
    > Texas? That and drinking Lone Star I believe :)

    You guys don't understand... I'm not a Texas yahoo...

    I'm a dazzling urbanite.

    <G>
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:30:02 -0600, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

    > For those, like myself, who learned the English language from Yosemite
    > Sam, "varmit" is indeed the preferred spelling. However, according to
    > my very biggest dictionary (and I have a lot of them), the standard
    > spelling is varment or varmint, although varmant, -munt, verment,
    > warment, -mint, and -mit can also be found in the wild.

    Hey! Don't knock Yosemite Sam!
    He's one of the nicest cartoon characters of all times.
    He always let Bugs Bunny blown him up at least twice before he let him go.
    :-))

    And...I've heard another version of varmit. "Wermet"
    That was in The Whole Nine Yards and I think it was Kevin Pollack that said
    it.

    --

    Marcel
    (Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:52:01 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > I'm a dazzling urbanite.

    You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)

    --

    Marcel
    (That's no moon...it's a space station!)

    Marcel Kuijper wrote:
    > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)

    Jeezz Marcel, isn't SWINE a little extreme? I don't think plagiarizing goes
    past VARMIT....

    hehe smirk snort wheeze
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Marcel Kuijper"
    > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)

    And how do know that Mel didn't steal it from me?

    Big D
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:18:13 -0600, CRaSH wrote:

    > Marcel Kuijper wrote:
    >> You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)
    >
    > Jeezz Marcel, isn't SWINE a little extreme? I don't think plagiarizing goes
    > past VARMIT....

    Know what? You've gotta point....dogbreath is sufficient. :-)

    > hehe smirk snort wheeze

    What are you on these days, Crash?
    And can I have some?

    --

    Marcel
    (Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Well 'spoken'. Ouch. No it was really!

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:07:30 -0800

    Kind of like the way I prefer to play chess...

    You play chess too? That is amazing! When I was young, I thought I was
    quite good at playing chess. That is until I was placed against the
    state champion. We ended up in a stale mate during the first game. But
    he learned in how I played and he kicked my butt for the rest of the
    games. Chess has never been the same since.

    In the late 80's, they came out with chess with you against the
    computer. That was fun for a brief period of time. As the easy levels
    were too easy and the hard levels were too hard. Oh well.

    Bill
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Crash,

    ROTFL!

    I think you nailed him this time, Crash - let's see the Varmit top that!
    :-))

    > Marcel Kuijper wrote:
    > > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)
    >

    > Jeezz Marcel, isn't SWINE a little extreme? I don't think plagiarizing
    goes
    > past VARMIT....
    >
    > hehe smirk snort wheeze

  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Varmit,

    Strewth, this is getting confusing!

    For a split second there, I thought you were referring to Melissa..

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    > > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)
    >
    > And how do know that Mel didn't steal it from me?
    >

    > Big D

  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Dart,

    "Indeed! Even if Mel didn't steal it from you, twisted minds do tend to
    "think alike" at times, so it's not at all unlikely that such thoughts be
    "mutually original"!"

    That's the most accurate observation made since Noah said "It looks like
    rain!". :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:lH0Yd.5224$oO4.627@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

    > "Carl Frisk"
    >> Hey Dalli, isn't it nice to go on vacation and come back to all this?
    >
    > Yeah, great... I leave for a day or two and come back to being called a
    > predatory wild animal considered undesirable. :-)
    >
    >> I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night with his
    > buds. Isn't that the national sport of
    >> Texas? That and drinking Lone Star I believe :)
    >

    > You guys don't understand... I'm not a Texas yahoo...
    >
    > I'm a dazzling urbanite.
    >

    > <G>

  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Carl Frisk wrote:
    > Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

    I had my bags packed to go hunting Playboy Bunnies last year (maybe '03?),
    then found out it was a farce... (:-<))
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Carl Frisk"
    > Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

    Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around here are
    ya, boy."

    The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your Rodeo
    Belt Buckle.

    Dallas
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Hi Dallas,

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:01:16 GMT, you wrote:

    > Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around
    > here are ya, boy."

    No kidding! Back in 1979, I drove from L.A. to NYC with two friends
    from my art school/music conservatory. I'm a Thai/Welsh mix, one
    companion is a black woman from Philadelphia who, at the time, was
    the spitting image of Grace Jones (in both facial/hair looks and
    clothing style; she's now a well known recording artist in her own
    right), and our other traveling companion was a pale "punk looking"
    guy from London (with colorful, um, "shapely" hair, various bits of
    hardware stuck into various parts of his face and ears, interesting
    clothing and jewelry, etc.). Believe it or not, I was the most
    "conservative" looking of the three of us! :-)

    Naturally, we suffered the classic "just before the weekend" car
    trouble just as we were about to leave El Paso in our rear view
    mirror (of all places...El Paso...eek!). Being the poor students we
    were, we looked for the cheapest motel room we could find to stay in
    over the weekend while we waited to get our car fixed. This motel
    happened to share (or nearly share) a small parking area with a
    tavern that I could only describe as being quite well saturated with
    "local flavor" (at least from what we could tell by who was hanging
    around outside of it, though we never ventured inside).

    The moment we got out of our car, several of the "very local looking
    guys" who were hanging out around their cars in front of the tavern
    made their way over towards our motel; apparently to get a better
    look at this "traveling freak show". While they seemed slightly
    amused, they also projected an air of potential danger. We said
    "hello", but none of them ever said a word to us directly, though our
    "hellos" did seem to stimulate some bits of conversation between them
    (perhaps they were amazed that such aliens even spoke English?).

    Anyway, a revolving group of these "locals" kept a pretty close eye on
    us as we went about our business in town. They made no attempts at
    being subtle in their monitoring of us, yet very strangely, only a
    very few people actually spoke to us the entire weekend beyond what
    was required as we talked to the mechanics, or the wait staff in a
    couple of restaurants.

    El Paso was a very surreal and somewhat creepy experience for us! :-)

    > The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your
    > Rodeo Belt Buckle.

    We didn't have any of those. Perhaps that's why hardly anyone would
    even speak to us? :-)

    - --
    Melissa

    PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:48:57 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > "Marcel Kuijper"
    >> You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :-)
    >
    > And how do know that Mel didn't steal it from me?

    Hmmm....you are about the same age...

    --

    Marcel
    (If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:30:23 +1000, John Ward wrote:

    > That's the most accurate observation made since Noah said "It looks like
    > rain!". :-))

    ROTFL!!!!!

    --

    Marcel
    (Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

    "Lawn Dart"
    > El Paso was a very surreal and somewhat creepy experience for us! :-)

    Ha... my quote, "Ya ain't from around here are ya, boy" is actually burned
    into my brain. I came to Dallas in 1973 acting and looking like a "Yankee"
    and some good ole boys actually said that to me in a rather threatening way.

    I later experienced what you did driving my car through the deep south with
    long hair... I thought I was going to wind up like Dennis Hopper and Peter
    Fonda. :-)

    Dallas
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:gUHYd.8384$cN6.5605@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

    > "Carl Frisk"
    >> Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)
    >
    > Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around here are
    > ya, boy."
    >
    > The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your Rodeo
    > Belt Buckle.
    >

    > Dallas

    ROTFL except I seem to remember that as true!

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    Carl Frisk wrote:
    > I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night
    > with his buds. Isn't that the national sport of Texas? That and
    > drinking Lone Star I believe :)

    Two Texans went hunting in the hill country, came across a naked lady
    sitting on a rock.
    First Texan said, "Hmmmmm, are you game?".
    "I certainly am!", she replied.
    So the second Texan shot her............
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    As Dalliance would say, "Ray Charles could see this one comin"

    I agree, the links you provided are disturbing. Why anyone would hunt
    online is ludicrous, and could only be a machoego trip. Here in Arkansas
    deer hunting is a religion! Most do it for the "sport" (yeah, like trying
    to beat someones brains into an omlet is a "sport"), but at least are also
    after the meat to feed the family. With deer populations booming, something
    has to be done since the natural pedators don't exist anymore, and I think
    the deer would prefer a .308 vs. a pack of wolves. I admire the skill
    involved in getting up close and personal with wildlife, and have shot them
    all my adult life - with a 400mm lens. I grew up hunting small game in the
    plains of NE, probably not much more than 10 when starting, but totally gave
    up shooting critters by age 16. To this day I still love "shooting", having
    owned a little bit of everything over the years (except a full auto, or a
    howitzer), but now I'm usually punching paper or blowing up watermelons with
    a .357 magnum. I did manage to get myself shot in the neck in KC about 25
    years ago by a lower life form, but that's another story...
    However, a joke, is a joke, and by any other name, still a joke..
    Especially if it vexes varmit......
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:

    > Come fly with us, Varmit! :-)

    d:-|)))
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "CRaSH"
    > Two Texans went hunting in the hill country, came across a naked lady
    > sitting on a rock.
    > First Texan said, "Hmmmmm, are you game?".
    > "I certainly am!", she replied.
    > So the second Texan shot her............

    Then the Texan turned around and shot the guy from Arkansas for tell bad
    jokes... :-P

    Dallas
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > bad jokes... :-P

    hehe, that may have been a recycled arky joke....
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"
    > Here's something that I find both very peculiar and rather disturbing:
    > http://www.live-shot.com/
    > http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

    I'm hoping in their next life, the owners of this enterprise are hunted by
    the animals whose deaths provided profit for them.

    Dallas
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:
    > "Lawn Dart"
    >
    >>Here's something that I find both very peculiar and rather disturbing:
    >>http://www.live-shot.com/
    >>http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml
    >

    > I'm hoping in their next life, the owners of this enterprise are hunted by
    > the animals whose deaths provided profit for them.
    >
    > Dallas

    Back in '83, I visited my home in West Virginia and my cousin, who I
    grew up with, was an avid deer hunter and talked me into going up into
    the mountains for some sport. I didn't have warm boots or even a warm
    coat. When we parked the car my cousin walked a few hundred meters down
    the road and entered the forest there. I took my borrowed 30.30, my thin
    coat and my non-boots and trekked up the hill to what seemed to be a
    good vantage point where I could look down into the valley. It didn't
    take 20 minutes........ I realized that any deer with any smarts would
    stay away from my area and if one was dumb enough to walk in front of
    me, I wouldn't shoot it anyway.

    Back to the car where the hot coffee was went I.

    --

    boB

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:37:24 -0800, Lawn Dart
    <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

    >Here's something that I find both very peculiar and rather disturbing:
    >
    >http://www.live-shot.com/
    >
    >http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

    I heard about that "fun" activity quite some time ago. I've yet to be
    convinced that hunting is a sport. Surely, stalking with a camera or a
    pair of binoculars is just a much fun as stalking with a scoped rifle.

    I do wonder just how brave big game hunters would be if they had to
    stalk and bring down their prey with their bare hands - a fair fight,
    IMO.

    Having said this, I do eat flesh and enjoy doing so. To me, there is a
    world of a difference between farming and hunting. Others might
    disagree.

    James
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"
    > would be nice if Dallas would simply accept his fate *now* and start
    > using his already widely accepted and enjoyed call sign!

    Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
    Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is still
    Quilljar..

    Varmit

Games Microsoft Video Games