Runtime Error Message

Bonnie

I am trying to access a web data base with my daughter's
school schedule. I have a PIN and a password, both of
which used to work. Now, when I try to log in, I get an
error saying "Microsoft VBScript runtime error 800a01a8
object required/parentconnect/logincheck.asp, line 24"

I don't write code and everything on the MS website about
this error message made no sense to me. The school
district couldn't help and said it must be my computer.
Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

If you have done any windows updates recently it will
explain a lot, cos I get the same thing on some sites.

Other things to try,
1. Temporarily disable your firewall (You are running a
firewall arent you?) re-enable immediately if this
option doesn't work!
2. Do a diskclean up from <mycomputer><rightclick C:\>
<properties><diskcleanup> and check all boxes and OK
3. www.pandasoftware.com - use their active scan!

Let us know how you get on...

Hi Bonnie,

The school will have to help, as that error resides in the script of their
web site. There is nothing you are going to be able to do. Call back, and
ask for someone that actually works on the site.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone