windowssystem32autoexec.nt error

The error I am recieving is this:
C:\windows\system32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for
running ms-dos & microsoft winwos application. Choose close to termintate
the application.

Microsofts troubleshooting guide says to type a series of commands at the
command prompt. Which I have printed. The issue is when it comes to
ms-dos and the advanced areas I am a complete dummie.

If anyone could simplify this process to me and put into simple language I
thank you in advance.

Difficult for us to tell you what to do, we don't know what are the
requirements of your DOS program and we don't know what commands you
want to run. The Autoexec.nt file can be edited with notepad. A
typical file might look like this:

REM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.
REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless a
REM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

That doesn't mean that your file should look like that, it depends on
the program requirements. Also, Config.nt is a file that usually
contains parameters for DOS programs to run properly.

John

cav4n wrote:
> The error I am recieving is this:
> C:\windows\system32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable
> for running ms-dos & microsoft winwos application. Choose close to
> termintate the application.
>
> Microsofts troubleshooting guide says to type a series of commands at
> the command prompt. Which I have printed. The issue is when it
> comes to ms-dos and the advanced areas I am a complete dummie.
>
> If anyone could simplify this process to me and put into simple
> language I thank you in advance.

It's because one of the following files is missing from \WINNT\System32:
a.. Config.nt
b.. Autoexec.nt
c.. Command.com

Check to see that these files are there. If not, expand them from the
install CD and copy them to \WINNT\System32
They'll be in the \I386 folder as

Config.nt_
autoexec.nt_
command.co_