Some Services Missing From Applet?

On my Exchange Server I'd made a change and needed to stop and start
the Internet Mail Connector Service and so I went into the control panel
/ Services applet and most of the usual services seem to be missing, the
only ones listed are:
Alerter
ArcServeIT Database Engine
ArcServeIT Discovery Service
ArcServeIT Job Engine
ArcServeIT Message Engine
ArcServeIT Tape Engine
Cheyenne Alert Notification Server
Computer Browser
Content Index

and that's it. I am logged in as administrator and have full privalges
on the domain, anyone have any ideas about what the problem is?

Thanks,
- Chris LeFebvre

From a command prompt;
net start
to see running services. Some may be missing the Reg_Sz string 'DisplayName'
from the registry service subkey.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Chris LeFebvre wrote:
| On my Exchange Server I'd made a change and needed to stop and start
| the Internet Mail Connector Service and so I went into the control panel
| / Services applet and most of the usual services seem to be missing, the
| only ones listed are:
| Alerter
| ArcServeIT Database Engine
| ArcServeIT Discovery Service
| ArcServeIT Job Engine
| ArcServeIT Message Engine
| ArcServeIT Tape Engine
| Cheyenne Alert Notification Server
| Computer Browser
| Content Index
|
| and that's it. I am logged in as administrator and have full privalges
| on the domain, anyone have any ideas about what the problem is?
|
| Thanks,
| - Chris LeFebvre

Hi Dave:
Okay, I do recall that you can use net start / net stop to start and stop
system services but I'm really more concerned with why most of my services
disappeared from the services applet and more importantly how to I get them
restored?

Thanks,

- Chris LeFebvre

Dave Patrick wrote:

> From a command prompt;
> net start
> to see running services. Some may be missing the Reg_Sz string 'DisplayName'
> from the registry service subkey.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Chris LeFebvre wrote:
> | On my Exchange Server I'd made a change and needed to stop and start
> | the Internet Mail Connector Service and so I went into the control panel
> | / Services applet and most of the usual services seem to be missing, the
> | only ones listed are:
> | Alerter
> | ArcServeIT Database Engine
> | ArcServeIT Discovery Service
> | ArcServeIT Job Engine
> | ArcServeIT Message Engine
> | ArcServeIT Tape Engine
> | Cheyenne Alert Notification Server
> | Computer Browser
> | Content Index
> |
> | and that's it. I am logged in as administrator and have full privalges
> | on the domain, anyone have any ideas about what the problem is?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | - Chris LeFebvre

1.) Some may be missing the Reg_Sz string 'DisplayName' from the registry
service subkey.

2.) From a command prompt;
net start
to see a list of running services.