HELP ME I WANT TO DECIDE WHAT SPECS WOULD I BUY

warrengutierrez

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
Greetings,

Could anyone help me on deciding what is the best specs of PC i am going to buy. I am more on programming web sites. I also want my PC to support also games like counter-stirke...

Thanks...

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
THERE ARE LIKE 50 FUCKING PLACES YOU COULD HAVE POSTED THIS!!!

DH OR JAKE OR SCUBA STEVE OR WEBDOG OR FREDI MOVE THIS TO GENERAL HOMEBUILT!!! Thanx

I will help you if you reply in the right forum.....

please die a slow painful death....thanx.

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
Greetings,

Could anyone help me on deciding what is the best specs of PC i am going to buy. I am more on programming web sites. I also want my PC to support also games like counter-stirke...

Thanks...

I love this! Truly I do. Gosh you remind me of me about 12 months ago except I was not so crazy as to jam in everybody's face a little blurb about new pc requirements as my first post.

Mate, before the lambasting comes - and it will come - I'd advise that the 6600 GT is a great Vid card although really some of the 6800GTs are now going for good prices in the US so maybe thats the go if your ok for cash; that said I really dig that new line of cards [7800] from NVIDIA but you'll want the dollars to do it.

I like the fact that Intel has competition so I support AMD but either or will do well for you. I'm not sold on these dual processors just yet given the expense but undoubtedly they are the way of the future.

Throw in at least two gig of fast ram as its relatively cheap and the performance benefits are there.

Stock power supplies, as I'm sure you've been told, dont cut it these days so save some $ for a good one.

I use a stock steel case and the focker is heavy so a barebones Aluminium might be the go. If you're in the US then your range is huge but the Thermaltake Aluminium series are getting ok reviews and are well priced.

There's heaps of shite you can do. Take your time with it and check Jiffy's thread down below in this section of some pretty snazzy pics and specs of his new rig.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I love this! Truly I do. Gosh you remind me of me about 12 months ago except I was not so crazy as to jam in everybody's face a little blurb about new pc requirements as my first post.

Mate, before the lambasting comes - and it will come - I'd advise that the 6600 GT is a great Vid card although really some of the 6800GTs are now going for good prices in the US so maybe thats the go if your ok for cash; that said I really dig that new line of cards [7800] from NVIDIA but you'll want the dollars to do it.

I like the fact that Intel has competition so I support AMD but either or will do well for you. I'm not sold on these dual processors just yet given the expense but undoubtedly they are the way of the future.

Throw in at least two gig of fast ram as its relatively cheap and the performance benefits are there.

Stock power supplies, as I'm sure you've been told, dont cut it these days so save some $ for a good one.

I use a stock steel case and the focker is heavy so a barebones Aluminium might be the go. If you're in the US then your range is huge but the Thermaltake Aluminium series are getting ok reviews and are well priced.

There's heaps of shite you can do. Take your time with it and check Jiffy's thread down below in this section of some pretty snazzy pics and specs of his new rig.

Um....before the lambasting happens....and it will....You just adviused someone to get a $200 graphics card and $250 ram....or he could get a 7800GT and 1GB of value ram....

you need not to advise for this....when it comes to gaming my rig beats an Intel EE line in some games...and the others its close. AMD owns the top 6-10 spots for gaming before a single intel cpu comes up most of the time.

Good call on the stock psu's, get a nice FSP or quality one.

Who cares about cases....grow some muscles or put wheels on it...lol (and thats comming from somene who is 6'2" and 170lbs.)

BomberBill

Splendid
Jan 20, 2005
So you can get, for $450 US dollars a 7800GT plus a gig of value ram? Wow, thats incredible, from a price perspective.

The best price I've seen here has been for an Albatron 7800GT at $589 Aus dollars which is what, $412 US.

Yeah, I see your point.

EDIT: Actually, I just came across a XFX 7800GT for $569 so yeah, I guess its plausible.