james1974

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
I'm looking at putting together a crossfire system. I would like one of the cards to be the ATI X1800XL All in Wonder as I will be using Media Centre '05. I have read that certain cards in the ATI X1000 family will run together in Crossfire mode without a mastercard. Does anybody know if I could put two ATIX1800XL AIW cards and therefore double the amount of tuners I could use in Media Centre as well as utilising the graphical abilities of the cards using crossfire?

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
If you want CF you only have one option....X850, they don have master cards for the rest.

X1300 and X1600 you dont need master cards but those cards suck.

I'm looking at putting together a crossfire system. I would like one of the cards to be the ATI X1800XL All in Wonder as I will be using Media Centre '05.

Get the X1800AIW now, and then later add the X1800XLCF card when they are readily available.

But be sure that you really need the AIW, cause you might be fine (or even better off) with a separate tuner card.

james1974

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2005
Thanks for all your help, I think it is def. the way I am going to go. This place is far more helpful than the first one I went to, http://www.hermitscave.org/
Everyone there just acts as though people like me with only a little knowledge of hardware should just walk away in shame. You guys are a lot more constructive.

Thanks.

AIW X1800XL is great, tuner is great, review at SysOpt, I'll post some additional pictures!

OH, I never doubted it/you for a second. :lol:

I was just thinking that as an upgrade path a separate tuner card would allow him to keep the tuner and then upgrade from X1800 to X2xxx or xXx or watever later without having to always get another AIW for the extra cost.

Just a thought since most people don't get theirs as cheap as you. :wink:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Oh, for those too lazy to click a link, here's what I did:
AIW-X1800-Dual.jpg