Trees - Many Trees

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Maybe Lil Dart can help me with this. Where can I find a thick forest in
FS9? I have the Garrish trees and have experimented with the scenery
level sliders but can't find a forest where it's solid trees. Is there
a place like that?

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

I know the dogs have to go out once in a while Bob, but this is carrying
things WAY too far!!! :))))
Dudley

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message

> Maybe Lil Dart can help me with this. Where can I find a thick forest in
> FS9? I have the Garrish trees and have experimented with the scenery
> level sliders but can't find a forest where it's solid trees. Is there a
> place like that?
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

Dudley Henriques wrote:
> I know the dogs have to go out once in a while Bob, but this is
> carrying things WAY too far!!! :))))
> Dudley

I didn't know he was lookin fer Dogwoods, we got bunches of'em here in
Arkansas........ d:->))

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Hi boB,
>
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 03:56:36 GMT, you wrote:
>

>>Maybe Lil Dart can help me with this. Where can I find a thick
>>forest in FS9? I have the Garrish trees and have experimented with
>>the scenery level sliders but can't find a forest where it's solid
>>trees. Is there a place like that?
>

> Forests full of trees are something I'm always looking for! :) I
> have seen quite a few trees near Gustavus, AK (small trees, but lots
> of them), and I've also seen quite a few on the south side of Mt.
> Tahoma (aka Mt. Ranier, SE of Seattle). There's a nice little
> airstrip there at Packwood (55S), and it seems to be nicely
> surrounded by trees. I've seen quite a few trees at various other
> spots as well, but I'll have to think about it some more to remember
> just where I've seen them (places all over the world).

As you remember, let me know... It doesn't cost much to send my swing
wing anywhere in the world. :)

> I don't know if the trees are part of the package, but a couple of the
> pictures of the Misty Fjords scenery look pretty full of trees:
>
> http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1052
>
> At the fsnordic.net site, search for "forestration10.zip" [sic] in the
> file library. It's a file for replacement autogen trees (must have
> your autogen slider set as high as possible to take full advantage).
> Most of the improvements are in the shapes and types of trees, but
> again, if autogen sliders are set high, it should look pretty nice.
>
> http://www.fsnordic.net/

I'm off to check them

> I'm really looking forward to my upcoming upgrade, as I'll finally be
> able to set some of my scenery sliders higher than they are now. I'm
> hoping that I'll be seeing more trees as well! :)
>
> - --
> Melissa

I think most of us are waiting with bated breath for your first review
after you finish your upgrades.... :) It may even cause a flood of
upgrades. :) :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

CRaSH wrote:

> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>
>>I know the dogs have to go out once in a while Bob, but this is
>>carrying things WAY too far!!! :))))
>>Dudley
>

> I didn't know he was lookin fer Dogwoods, we got bunches of'em here in
> Arkansas........ d:->))

You know, when Gabriella and I drove through Arkansas we actually left
the interstate to visit Stuttgart Arkansas. I forget, is it the duck
capital of the world, or.. I forgot.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lawn Dart wrote:

> Hi boB,

> I've been thinking of something additional in terms of my upgrade...
>
> If I were to upgrade my motherboard as well (I've seen some pretty
> decent prices for motherboards with higher FSB numbers and PCI-e
> ports, etc.). This got me thinking about a P4 CPUs in the 3+ Ghz
> range (and/or possibly an AMD 64 bit CPU), and perhaps even a video
> card with greater power.
>
> Could this represent a significant improvement over what my current
> FSB: 533 motherboard could handle in terms of fs9 performance? Or
> would my current upgrade choices of CPU/RAM/Video Card for my FSB 533
> motherboard be enough to make me *really* happy?
>
> - --
> Melissa

ahhh Sprite, you have the fever, and it's contagious. I am now thinking
that a new 3+ Gz machine with a Matrox P card, networked to my 2.6Gz,
Ti4200/128, may be needed here. That's 5 monitors.. I have to think
some more.....

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

boB wrote:
> You know, when Gabriella and I drove through Arkansas we actually left
> the interstate to visit Stuttgart Arkansas. I forget, is it the duck
> capital of the world, or.. I forgot.

Yep, "The rice and duck capital of the world"
They're at the opposite end of the state from me, and known for a museum
display of decoys, and duck calls - plus home of world duck calling
contest.
Not bad for a little town of ~10,000.
Jeezz, gives me goose bumps just thinking about it! d:->))

Switch to "Top down" view. There are tons of trees,....but they are
two-dimensional and are just part of the "paint-job" when you look straight
down. 3D trees in high volume just aren't "do-able". Each tree would be a
separate scenery "object" and there probably isn't a machine in the world
that could handle it until the "Star-Trek" era gets here and we have
"holodecks".

It is already a struggle to keep machines from getting "choppy" near large
cities while rendering the buildings,...and most of those only have 6
polygons if you count the bottom that you can't see.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

.... there came a great boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> flying, and
he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Maybe Lil Dart can help me with this. Where can I find a thick forest in
>FS9? I have the Garrish trees and have experimented with the scenery
>level sliders but can't find a forest where it's solid trees. Is there
>a place like that?

oh no, it's trees again ...

--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Hi Downloader,

"Is there a place like that?"

There sure is, mate - it's called The Pilot's Graveyard!!

Regards,
John Ward
"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message

> Maybe Lil Dart can help me with this. Where can I find a thick forest in
> FS9? I have the Garrish trees and have experimented with the scenery
> level sliders but can't find a forest where it's solid trees. Is there
> a place like that?
>

> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

John Ward wrote:

> Hi Downloader,
>
> "Is there a place like that?"
>
> There sure is, mate - it's called The Pilot's Graveyard!!
>
> Regards,

You reminded me, we were in OH58's in a firing position north of
Nurnberg when I looked at the trees we were hovering over and realized
they were tall slim pines, about 60 feet tall. The problem was there
were no branches to break a fall with an engine failure and the rotor
would separate from the aircraft leaving 35 or 40 feet to free fall
before we hit the ground. We found a better firing position "beside"
the trees, not over them.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

At a guess I would think Central New Guinea would serve your purpose
regarding trees...

Cheers,

Quilly

> Could this represent a significant improvement over what my current
> FSB: 533 motherboard could handle in terms of fs9 performance? Or
> would my current upgrade choices of CPU/RAM/Video Card for my FSB 533
> motherboard be enough to make me *really* happy?

Happiness is a mater of time. Next week or maybe next month there will
be something with bells and whistles that will make us say If only I
bought that;)

Hi Cole,

"oh no, it's trees again "

I knew someone wood mention them sooner or later. :)

Regards,
John Ward
"Cole Turner" <remove.cole.turner@liwest.at.spambotprotection> wrote in
message news:rt0u2116brbnm36vove4do5nal9eilf0vs@4ax.com...

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Cole,
>
> "oh no, it's trees again "
>
> I knew someone wood mention them sooner or later. :)

Probably Dogwoods. You can tell by the bark!

Hi Dudley,

As in "bough wow", you mean? :))

Regards,
John Ward

> Hi Dudley,
>
> As in "bough wow", you mean? :))

Oh Oh!!! I should have known to leaf this alone!!!!

crash

Dudley Henriques wrote:

> Oh Oh!!! I should have known to leaf this alone!!!!

Well, son of a birch, made an ash out of yerself again, huh???

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>>
>> Oh Oh!!! I should have known to leaf this alone!!!!
>
> Well, son of a birch, made an ash out of yerself again, huh???

Oak God, we're going to have to Spruce this up a bit here I can see that!!

Hi Dudley,

Not at all - it's me that's being the sap, mate, not you! :)

> Hi Dudley,
>
> Not at all - it's me that's being the sap, mate, not you! :)

A HA!!! The root of the problem!!

.... there came a great "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Dudley,
>>
>> Not at all - it's me that's being the sap, mate, not you! :)
>
>A HA!!! The root of the problem!!

this is branching into infinity, methinks!
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

Oh why can't we leaf this topic alone. I guess I'll go out on a limb and say "Hear we go again with this subject that
just groves on you."

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.