XP Boot Floppy, what a utter Joke..

August 14, 2004 12:15:33 AM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
Win98se Boot disks had failed.

No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
Support..

ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot floppy..

Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP printers
do.

More about : boot floppy utter joke

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 12:23:13 AM

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>
> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> Support..
>

> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

try copy file.txt >lpt1

--
EMB
change two to number to reply

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

www.bootdisk.com

"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message

> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>
> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> Support..
>

> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>

> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot
floppy..

> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP
printers
> do.

August 14, 2004 1:15:37 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:23:13 +1200, EMB <embtwo@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>>
>> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
>> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>>
>> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
>> Support..
>>

>> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>
>try copy file.txt >lpt1

None work, tried to PRN and Cop and Print, its been disabled in the XP Boot
Floppy, some thing about none supported device.

>> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot floppy..
>>
>> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP printers
>> do.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:17:25 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <PcTech@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>www.bootdisk.com

No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
>>

>> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
>> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>>
>> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
>> Support..
>>

>> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>>

>> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot
>floppy..
>>
>> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP
>printers
>> do.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:17:26 AM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
--
Ron Sommer

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <PcTech@paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> >www.bootdisk.com
> >

> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't
>

> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
> >>

> >> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of
my
> >> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
> >>
> >> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> >> Support..
> >>

> >> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
> >>

> >> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot
> >floppy..
> >>
> >> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP
> >printers
> >> do.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:56:51 AM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net>
wrote:

>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
>--
>Ron Sommer

I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..

Did you not read my Post..?

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <PcTech@paradise.net.nz>
>wrote:
>>
>> >www.bootdisk.com
>> >

>> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't
>>

>> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message

>my

>> >floppy..

>> >printers

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:56:52 AM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?
--
Ron Sommer

"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
news:D jeph09e4drb8fn2peau0bspb2o1ol9ttl@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net>
> wrote:
>

> >Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
> >--
> >Ron Sommer
>

> I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
>
> Did you not read my Post..?
>

> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message

> >> No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't

> >my

CD

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 8:25:29 AM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:56:51 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
<ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote:

>>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
>>--
>>Ron Sommer
>

>I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
>
>Did you not read my Post..?

Um, you said you couldn't do something that was unsupported using an
XP boot disk, which was a bugger because both your 98se boot disks
were faulty.

Ron's reply of creating a new 98se boot disk seems the most logical
course of action to me, too.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:23:43 PM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In article <vaIlnXWgEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
rsommer@nospam.ktis.net says...
> Are yov saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on yovr XP machine?

Win98SE doesn't know abovt NTFS, it won't be able to access an NTFS
volvme if this is reqvired.

--
"Marriage is a lifelong covenant commitment between
a man and a woman.

This fovndation provides the best possible
environment to raise ovr children."

See http://www.maxim.org.nz/civilvnions.html
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 3:50:42 PM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:46:48 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net>
wrote:

>Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?
>--
>Ron Sommer

Please read what I had posted..??

>"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message
>news:D jeph09e4drb8fn2peau0bspb2o1ol9ttl@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
>> >--
>> >Ron Sommer
>>

>> I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
>>
>> Did you not read my Post..?
>>

>> >"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message

>of
>> >my

>CD

August 14, 2004 3:50:43 PM

Ghost wrote: >> Been trying to print a Text file using a
XP Dos boot Floppy, as both
>of
>> >my
Dude! XP doesn't even recognize DOS! What the hell are
you trying to do?? Speak ENGLISH!

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:38:30 PM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:05 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
<ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote:

>Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
>some floppies.

You've not heard of bootdisk.com, or starting 98 to the command prompt -> sys
a:, or the freeware DOS-Ntfs reader???
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 5:25:55 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:38:30 +1200, Krash <l@em.not> wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:05 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
><ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote:
>
>>Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
>>some floppies.
>>

>You've not heard of bootdisk.com, or starting 98 to the command prompt -> sys
>a:, or the freeware DOS-Ntfs reader???

And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?

Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..

Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.

Think again before you post..
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 6:10:45 PM

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:39:53 +1200, EMB <embtwo@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>>
>> And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?
>>
>> Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..
>>
>> Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.
>>
>> Think again before you post..
>
>Roger - SIT STILL AND LISTEN FOR A MINUTE.
>
>You can download & write the image for *any* of their provided bootdisks
>under pretty well any version of windows on any file system. So long as
>you have a floppy drive, you're away laughing. They have images with CD
>drivers, images for pretty well every version of MS-DOS and pretty well
>every version of Windows. Go and look, then read, then comprehend, then
>try it, then come back here and eat some humble pie. Until then STFU.
>
>http://www.bootdisk.com
>
>[groups trimmed to nz.comp only]

Why are you SO THICK , ? I have Win98se as a Dual boot Option, so I don't need
another DOS Type Disk, but at the time I only had a XP one that would boot,
plus at that time I could not boot into 98se..

But how does one dnload a File FROM DOS, so think again you have made a utter
fool of your self..

Go read what I posted as it seems you just can't read..

groups trimmed back to show others how many thick people are here.
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 8:55:29 PM

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
> Go read what I posted as it seems you just can't read..
> groups trimmed back to show others how many thick people are here.

on behalf of the new zealand internet connected public, I apologise for
Roger. he's been with us for some time, and unfortunatly, we seem to be
stuck with him.

He has a fascination with insulting people, calling them little boys,
and telling them to play with playstations.

again, very sorry.
August 14, 2004 9:55:56 PM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It is a boot floppy, not MS DOS on 1 floppy disc.

The boot floppy is there so people can create a boot disc to do bios updates
and perform boot time maintenance EG fdisk, format etc.

If you want MS DOS you have to buy a licensed version - remember it is about
6MB in size so will not fit on one floppy.

- Tim

"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message

> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
>
> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
> Support..
>

> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1
>

> Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot
> floppy..
>
> Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP
> printers
> do.

August 15, 2004 1:29:19 AM

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

><snip>
>
> Gee its not my fault that every one is so thick here.
>
> <snip>

lol...SP2's security center just popped up with another *idiot* alert...
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 12:45:43 PM

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Have you tried typing PRINT FILE.EXE ?
This works in XP for the average printer.

--
JerryM (ID)

"The GHOST of WOGER." <ghost@gosts.co.au> wrote in message news:8i1ph0djq78ba7obqpdescqi0reabe48nv@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:23:13 +1200, EMB <embtwo@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>>>
>>> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my Win98se Boot disks had failed.

<Snip>
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 1:28:56 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:22:40 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

> Gee its not my fault that every one is so thick here.

Is the entire army marching out of step with you again Woger?

Cheers
Anton
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 2:14:52 PM

AD. wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:22:40 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>
>> Gee its not my fault that every one is so thick here.
>
> Is the entire army marching out of step with you again Woger?

Yep, just the usual problemo.

Woger posts a help question, then insults everyone who has tried to help
him. This has been going for years and years, which is why he's in the kill
file for some many people here.

But don't worry, he's due to change his nick soon to get around that -
something he's done over 100 times to date... sigh...

Maybe the sky IS a funny colour on his planet ??

~!@#$%^&*()_+

Millhouse: "We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy."
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 3:41:33 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:45:43 -0600, "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote:

>Have you tried typing PRINT FILE.EXE ?
>This works in XP for the average printer.

Its not in DOS..
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 3:45:51 PM

The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
>>Have you tried typing PRINT FILE.EXE ?
>>This works in XP for the average printer.

> Its not in DOS..

he never said that it was Roger.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Archived from groups: nz.comp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Can you restate the question? I'm not trolling, I just can't seem to get my
mind around it.

Cheers,
Danno
!