Verizon Offering Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 4G Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
They would sell a lot more of these if they didn't rip people off. The 3G/4G tabs bought right from the provider with a data plan should be the same price as a non 3G/4G model, they are going to make money off the data anyway. I talked to one guy who runs a big Verizon wireless franchise, he said he can't sell the tabs, the prices are too high.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation]"The Galaxy Tab 2 can maximize productivity with the Polaris Office application to easily create and edit documents," the company said. "The app is optimized for tablets and has support for various file types like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Zip files and more."[/citation]

Too bad it crashes all the time. I have and use my TF101 daily, but I would NEVER in a million years suggest an android tablet for document productivity. Unless you want to drive yourself insane after losing all of the stuff you worked on but didn't get a chance to save because the app force-quit on you.

And yeah, $350 does seem a bit steep, especially given the fact that you'll probably have to sign a duration-contract.

"simply add the gadget to their current data pool for a mere $10 per month"

A mere? This is a rip-off. Why would one have to pay 10 bucks extra for same data allowance?
[citation][nom]teh_chem[/nom][citation]"The Galaxy Tab 2 can maximize productivity with the Polaris Office application to easily create and edit documents," the company said. "The app is optimized for tablets and has support for various file types like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Zip files and more."[/citation]Too bad it crashes all the time. I have and use my TF101 daily, but I would NEVER in a million years suggest an android tablet for document productivity. Unless you want to drive yourself insane after losing all of the stuff you worked on but didn't get a chance to save because the app force-quit on you.And yeah, $350 does seem a bit steep, especially given the fact that you'll probably have to sign a duration-contract.[/citation]
That is hardly an OS problem, more like an app problem. Similar to a freeze while using a PC program. Never happened to you? You know, when you keep typing, oblivious to the fact that the application has become unresponsive about 10 lines ago? When moving your mouse does nothing but compounds the problem - now the entire desktop environment, i.e. Explorer, has become unresponsive? When only a Ctrl+Alt+Del saves your PC (but not your work)? (higher pitched voice, Stewie-style).
Consider yourself lucky.
About the duration contract - re-read the last sentence of the article, that should clarify things.

BattleshipLorenzen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Wow! This is a TERRIBLE deal! As a long-time Verizon sucker, even I am amazed at the gall! Those are terrible specs for a tab at this price point, and "4G LTE" is often reduced to marketing nonsense instead of an actual service because of its unreliability (I have a Droid RAZR in a large city that is rated to have above-average coverage). And then they ADVERTISE their BLOATWARE (or, as I call it, vandalism)! They actually believe it!?

The only thing that has ever made me seriously consider Apple products? Verizon products.*

*Yes, Verizon has Apple products, but they are not allowed to vandalize them. Experiencing Android through Verizon, OTOH, is not pleasant.

bbtoast

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Why wouldn't someone just buy the wifi only version for $250 and teather it to there verizon sharedplan smartphone for no extra cost each month? It's the same pool of data anyway.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]That is hardly an OS problem, more like an app problem. Similar to a freeze while using a PC program. Never happened to you? You know, when you keep typing, oblivious to the fact that the application has become unresponsive about 10 lines ago? When moving your mouse does nothing but compounds the problem - now the entire desktop environment, i.e. Explorer, has become unresponsive? When only a Ctrl+Alt+Del saves your PC (but not your work)? (higher pitched voice, Stewie-style). Consider yourself lucky. About the duration contract - re-read the last sentence of the article, that should clarify things.[/citation]
It's just as much the OS problem as the App problem. Regardless of whose problem it is, it still makes it a bad option for productivity regardless.

Re. the contract question, it's from the perspective of those who don't have a current voice/device plan with verizon. Currently I haven't been able to find month-to-month options for a single data device.

Status
Not open for further replies.