SHLWAPI.dll problem upgrading to IE 6.0

I have to apply all current security patches to a NT 4.0 workstation. It was
version 4.0 Gold when I started this morning, but I have applied SP6a from a
CD and the post 6a security rollup. I tried to upgrade IE from version 2.0
to 6.0 SP1 but got the following message when I tried to run the executable:
"The procedure entry point StrNCatA could not be located in the dynamic link
library SHLWAPI.dll" The version of SHLWAPI.dll is 4.70.1215.

I working on applying a number of security patches but would like to get IE
up to date also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dino

Try upgrading IE to version 4 first. This version is available from the
SP4-Option Pack CD and from these sites:

http://helpdesk.uvic.ca/software/downloads/windows/msiexpl.html
http://www.webzila.com/downloads/downloadscript/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=2
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Dino J" <DinoJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to apply all current security patches to a NT 4.0 workstation. It
>was
> version 4.0 Gold when I started this morning, but I have applied SP6a from
> CD and the post 6a security rollup. I tried to upgrade IE from version
> 2.0
> to 6.0 SP1 but got the following message when I tried to run the
> executable:
> "The procedure entry point StrNCatA could not be located in the dynamic
> link
> library SHLWAPI.dll" The version of SHLWAPI.dll is 4.70.1215.
>
> I working on applying a number of security patches but would like to get
> IE
> up to date also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Dino

I have IE ver 4.01 on a CD and received the same message when I attempted to
install it. but thanks for the suggestion.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-S/U]" wrote:

> Try upgrading IE to version 4 first. This version is available from the
> SP4-Option Pack CD and from these sites:
>
> http://helpdesk.uvic.ca/software/downloads/windows/msiexpl.html
> http://www.webzila.com/downloads/downloadscript/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=2
> http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Dino J" <DinoJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have to apply all current security patches to a NT 4.0 workstation. It
> >was
> > version 4.0 Gold when I started this morning, but I have applied SP6a from
> > CD and the post 6a security rollup. I tried to upgrade IE from version
> > 2.0
> > to 6.0 SP1 but got the following message when I tried to run the
> > executable:
> > "The procedure entry point StrNCatA could not be located in the dynamic
> > link
> > library SHLWAPI.dll" The version of SHLWAPI.dll is 4.70.1215.
> >
> > I working on applying a number of security patches but would like to get
> > IE
> > up to date also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Dino

TRENDING THREADS