HP Spins Off Palm Remnants as GRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
Why not call it Palm?
Gram? Who gives a damn.

tele-gram: HP sucks, WebOS is dead. Open source was HP's delayed way of saying their is no hope in hell for us WebOS users. Stupid HP.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I like the fact that HP is trying to design its Open WebOs for non-existent hardware, instead od using its current hardware, and user base to beta test it. Happy customer is a repeat customer. An happy customer spreads word to others and suddenly it grows (social marketing/referrals). Tired of HP doing everything half ass, they couldn't even wipe their ass properly if they had toilet paper.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
open webOS is aiming for support on future hardware platforms where SoC's [system-on-chips] support Linux 3.3+ kernel and where open source replacements for proprietary components are integrated.
the homebrew community will take care of legacy devices.
Open webOS is alive and on track.
long live webOS!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
WebOS is dead.... another hobby OS, like AmigaOS.

GRAM is a way for HP to unload Palm/WebOS... in another year, GRAM will be gone.. "sorry, you didn't make any thing, we don't need you" - or it becomes a tax advantage for the company.

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
With HP re-affirming their vows to Microsoft, I can't see how this is going to go anywhere unless they attract the interest of Samsung or similar.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Part of me read the headline and groaned, here goes HP abusing Palm again. And part thinks this might be some hope that webOS can make a come back as long as HP just funds it and doesn't muck about with development.

Status
Not open for further replies.