Stop Error 0x00000079 after NT 4 Post SP6a Hot fix Roll-up..

Any ideas on alternative work arounds to this STOP Error. Found KB841384 but
the workaround does not work in this case as the uninstall directory cannot
be connected too (it exists we think).

Please help ASAP!

Scott Murphy
scott.murphy@dataperceptions.com
1 answer Last reply
More about stop error 0x00000079 post sp6a roll

    As an FYI - I figured it out.

    Had to manually upgrade the ntoskrnl.exe and kernel32.dll and winsrv.dll and
    win32k.sys manually from the roll-up package files to the multiprocessor
    versions.

    Scott

    "Scott Murphy - Data Perceptions" wrote:

    > Any ideas on alternative work arounds to this STOP Error. Found KB841384 but
    > the workaround does not work in this case as the uninstall directory cannot
    > be connected too (it exists we think).
    >
    > Please help ASAP!
    >
    > Scott Murphy
    > scott.murphy@dataperceptions.com