Folder Problems

I have XP Pro. When I am logged on, (administrator), and
I open the My Computer screen, the folder displaying [my
name] documents has disappeared, and the only folders
displayed at the top are the shared Docs folder and the
other users documents folder,(a basic user). When the
other user is logged on, the only folder displayed here
is the shared docs folder. Is this a problem at all. I
can still easily access the My Documents folder in both
profiles via the
start menu in both profiles.

Any help???

Chris
..

| "Chris H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Message news:57c201c4812a$de301880$a501280a@phx.gbl
| I have XP Pro. When I am logged on, (administrator), and
| I open the My Computer screen, the folder displaying [my
| name] documents has disappeared, and the only folders
| displayed at the top are the shared Docs folder and the
| other users documents folder,(a basic user). When the
| other user is logged on, the only folder displayed here
| is the shared docs folder. Is this a problem at all. I
| can still easily access the My Documents folder in both
| profiles via the start menu in both profiles. Any help???

If shared documents folders for users are missing when you view
the "Files Stored on This Computer" heading in My Computer.
Then...

KB319825 - Shared Documents Folders Are Missing From My Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;319825

Note that the "Cause" does not apply in your situation. However
the "Symptoms" may be the same, and the "Workaround" section has
the details that you (may) need to perform the edit.