superflybribri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2005
Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded parts of my computer but I have noticed some system lag once and a while still. I was wondering if this may be fault to a shortage in power. First I was wondering if there was any way for me to even check if it is indeed a shortage of power which is my problem. Maybe you can all tell me. Here is my current system configuration:

Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: Kingston 1024 MB PC3200 2 Pcs
Graphics Card:ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder 9600 XT
Primary Hard Drive: 30 GB Seagate Barracuda ATA III ST330620A
Media Hard Drive: 320 GB Western Digital Caviar WD3200JB
Optical Drive: Sony DVD-RW DRU-700A
Power Supply: Antec 350 Watt
System Casing: Antec SLK2650-BQE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Primary Monitor: Dell 2005FPW
Secondary Monitor: Aquaview 7RS
Input Devices: Logitech Cordless MX Duo

Any information at all would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Well 350W power supply is Bare minium and i dont know how to check if its realy the power supply but you can order a decent 450W-500W off newegg and return it if its not that and only pay the 10% restockin fee.

User457

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
Your power supply won't produce system lag... if it isn't enough you will get shutdowns reboots etc

When exactly do you get this slowdown ???

Gaming... Normal operation ???

Let us know ???

User457

mpjesse

Splendid
I doubt that your PSU has anything to do w/ your lag problem. Have you made any hardware changes lately? Driver changes? Where does it lag? Boot? Games? Your problem could range anywhere from a fragmented hard drive to spyware and bloatware.

-mpjesse

superflybribri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2005
Well I believe that the problem is existing through both bootup and then later during some system performance. Only recently have I played any games and they seem to run fine for most of the time with the exception that towards the end of the fourth quarter in Madden 2006 it comes to almost a hault and slowly animates. I will minimize the program to diagnos the problem and it just seems like a jump in CPU but to nothing really and then I go back in and it is fine. I reinstalled Windows when I made the hardware changes in September and I have Norton Internet Securities the AntiSpyware Edition. Also I am usually careful about what I download so I wouldn't attribute it to spyware.

Reeper

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Have you perhaps recently installed a new driver set for the cordless keyboard/mouse?
Maybe check free space on your Primary Partition? Decompressing Textures, etc & running a large swap file could leave things a bit cramped if you've got quite a bit of data on the drive to begin with.

Your performance hit is most likely associated with gaming, the 9600XT and the 2005FPW. In modern games that 9600XT is going to lag at the native res of that monitor - even with low detail settings.