purge inactive machines for the domain list

Hello,

I am working in an NT 4.0 Domain and on the server manager I noticed alot of
inactive machines. The person that was running the network before never
removed machines when they pulled them off the network. Is there a way to
purge inactive machines from the domain? Or do I have to just remove them
all and then have the machines rejoin the domain? Thanks for any help!

Bruce

tonyjreinke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working in an NT 4.0 Domain and on the server manager I noticed alot of
> inactive machines. The person that was running the network before never
> removed machines when they pulled them off the network. Is there a way to
> purge inactive machines from the domain? Or do I have to just remove them
> all and then have the machines rejoin the domain? Thanks for any help!

I know there is a way, I did it about 4 years ago.

I don't have access to a NT 4.0 server any more and I'm not certain how
I did it. I think it may have been by using the NET command from a MSDOS
box. Typing NET /? will give you help on the NET command.