Hey, rugger? About my Asrock ..

pat

Expert
I just put it in my case, with my old CPU (Win. 3000+]and Corsair TwinX RAM.

I now have it at 2.3 (256MHz x9)Ghz, from a 1.8 Ghz speed, at 1.45 volts. Everything went smoth during the installation and everything runs fine, I didn't had to update the BIOS. SATA is natively supported, even on the JMicron controller, which is good. Still waiting for my 3000+ venice and 250 Gigs hdd to backup my RAID array that I have on my nforce4 controller. Will set up the array using the ULI RAID controller, to see if it performa good.

I still haven't had the time to install a PCI-e graphich card with my AGP AIW 9600 to test the dual card ability of this board.

So far, it is working nice and I'm pleased by the performance. Impressive for a budget board.

That's great to hear! Are you running that OC 24/7? Is that the hishest you've taken the OC? You must have gotten a good Winnie sample! What's the highest you've taken that CPU and what cooling - on this or any other board?

What PCIe card are you getting? Just wanting to test the dual card or are you going to run a dual card setup?

Keep me up to date on your experiences with the board!

pat

Expert
I don't leave my computer on 24/7. But When it is on, it is the speed it is running. Right now, it is a temporary setup, waiting for my new CPU and HDD.. But, when my new cpu and hdd wil be here, I'll take it back to stock speed, because I don't need that OC now and that with cool n quiet and the fanless motherboard, that thing is pretty quiet, but I know that I can put it that high when I'll be editing or rendering.

Actually, the highest is 260 x9 at 1.45 with stock cooling. I don't want to buy cooler because I'm not that exited with OC. Not that I don't know how, but I did my time and I'm now more conservative... I don't like to screw a computer part because I push it too far or to shorten its lifespan, as I'm selling my stock after 6-8 month while it still has a good value and go on trying something else. This motherboard is better at OC than my Gigabyte with nforce 4. Blame the IDE controller crapping out at about 250 some.. Maybe I could have tried to bump some voltage a bit, but I had to sell it...

I'll be running a X600XT PCI-e that I had with my Gigabyte. I'll run both card, the AIW being my capture card.

I'll get a 3000+ venice for now, newer and better revision should be out soon in the next year. Maybe with better offering with ATI chipset than those currently available. Then I'd try something else...

What do you think is limiting the OC on this setup - mobo or CPU? Are you going to try one of the A8R MVPs or AT8s?

I'm not doing hardcore OCing right now myself, although I will kick it up some with my current rig. Just got a Sonata II to replace the old Enlight case/PSU - the old Enlight PSU was struggling with anything more than a very slight OC. Now work in the house - rebuild from Katrina - is making me delay the swap. I don't want the new rig to get a lot of dust.particulate from the construction. :cry:

pat

Expert
What do you think is limiting the OC on this setup - mobo or CPU? Are you going to try one of the A8R MVPs or AT8s?

myself.. I simply don't want to set voltage too high. If I had better cooling in my case (really small case with only adequate cooling..) and not affraid about blowing parts, Then I could test it more. But right now, I get the most I can with only a small bump of voltage

Not the Asus nor the Abit or DFI current offer are making me wanting one. Fact is, if I could have find the ECS board, I would have get it. It would have been cheaper the those 2 and I don't overclock enough to have OCing beast.

I'm waiting for newer ATI southbridge, with better SATA and USB performance. HDD are the slowest parts in any system. That why I get board with fast sub system rather than fast chipset.

I'm not doing hardcore OCing right now myself, although I will kick it up some with my current rig. Just got a Sonata II to replace the old Enlight case/PSU - the old Enlight PSU was struggling with anything more than a very slight OC. Now work in the house - rebuild from Katrina - is making me delay the swap. I don't want the new rig to get a lot of dust.particulate from the construction. :cry:

Yeah.. I understand. It's better to have a house than a computer to live in...