new build, cant coonect epox 9npa-ultra?

roth79

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2005
have just completed, (so I thought) building a new system with lots of advise from this site. Well everything I thought went fine, I built following directions from the guru's here. I booted up fine, all the hardware I believe was found, I installed the drivers that came with the ep-9npa-ultra and now I can not get on line with my cable connection. I tried the bios to the nv lan feture disble and enabled, I have rest the bios and tried both. I have reinstalled the op system, xp pro twice and I know the cable works because I can connect on the laptop. I have not figured out on epox website the new bios, so I dont even know if I should mess with that. There is a blinking light worrking while it connected to the back of my system. Any help anyone can give me, I am frustrated and it did seem like it was going real smooth.

it was a antec p-180
antec ps 2
amd at 64 3200
1 gig ram
sony dvd burner
250 seagate sata hd

Any ideas or help woulfd be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

roth79

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Let me see if I get this right: New system boots up fine, installs software fine, but can't connect to Internet. Old laptop does connect on same cable. Am I right?

Do you have a router or are you plugging directly into the cable modem?
If so, my first guess is your ISP may limit connections so that only 1 MAC address can be connected - that address is your laptop's. You can contact your ISP and have them reset that, or you can clone the MAC address of the laptop onto the new PC. (I've never done that, but I'm pretty sure it can be done)

Mike.

roth79

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2005
Nope no router, from cale router to home pc, I was stating that I use a laptop to get on this site...

Thanks,

roth79

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Ok, I asked my question and response poorly - I should have said, if you are not using a router that your ISP limits connections. Umm, I just copied the appropriate paragraph from my earlier post to below.

My first guess is your ISP may limit connections so that only 1 MAC address can be connected - that address is your laptop's. You can contact your ISP and have them reset that, or you can clone the MAC address of the laptop onto the new PC. (I've never done that, but I'm pretty sure it can be done)

Mike.