is this psu going to break down on me?

hi,
i am currently rendering 3d stuff nonstop and was thinking of getting a more quit psu. my cpu hase a temperature of 61/141 celsius/f.
the voltage (the cpu was working at 100%)
12.864-12.928 +12v
4.892-4.919 +5v
3.216-3.28 +3.3v
1.66-1.68 Vcore
+ hot heat is poring out in the back.... :-/

the pc is a 3000+ athlon, 1 ata-hd, 2 sata-hds, ati firegl x1, 350watt jmc.
i am not planning to upgrade the system. so i thought of buying a Enermax 460W EG465AX-VE(G) FMAX. or a tagan... i just would really want something QUIET! ANY help would be very appretiated. thanx p
6 answers Last reply
More about break
  1. the thermaltake tr 2.0 430watter is a pretty solid and quite psu. 40 bucks on newegg and then 10 rebate
  2. The Antec Truepower series are pretty cheap and quiet.

I'd be a bit concerned about your CPU temp. 61C is a bit warmer than I'd be comfortable with even at full load. You may need to add a case fan to get the air moving better. I understand that you don't want to add noise, but even a quiet fan with a relatively low CFM rating should help bring the temp down.

Also, I understand you've got hot heat pooring out the back. As opposed to cold heat? Sorry, couldn't resist.
  3. thanx for the info! i opened the case and the temp droped immediatly to 50c... guess i am going to get a psu today... still not shure which one tough... p
  4. If you want a new PSU I have only one advice: Go for the Seasonic S12 500 Watt.

The Enermax 's also good, but it'll cost you a lot more. You can read a report of a stress test on high-capacity power supplies on this site. The Seasonic came out best: http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/11/stress_test/

Don't hesitate, go for it. I did :D

Concerning the heat: buy silent casecoolers. I have two 80mm Coolermaster silents. They whisper. For your CPU I can strongly recommend the Zalman Cu7000 pure copper cooler. You should check if it fits your motherboard, but if it does there's no better choice.

greets,

B.
  5. i got a thermaltake,(the availability of psu manufactures is a bit thin around christmas here in vienna...) so the tempature is around 47c running the cpu at 100%. the sound is not gone :-), but ok. guess i will have to buy a suitable case to eliminate the rest. the motherboard temp wnet down form 24 to 17c...
    thanx for the info!, p
  6. i got a thermaltake,(the availability of psu manufactures is a bit thin around christmas here in vienna...) so the tempature is around 47c running the cpu at 100%. the sound is not gone :-), but ok. guess i will have to buy a suitable case to eliminate the rest. the motherboard temp wnet down form 24 to 17c...
    thanx for the info!, p
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies CPUs Components