HP Laserjet hanging up computer

Hi. I've got an HP Laserjet and Windows XP. Sometimes when I try to
print a document on Wordperfect 10 or from the Internet,then:

(a) I get a message in the bottom right of the screen that the
document failed to print--but then it prints fine.

(b) the document fails to print and the entire computer hangs or else
just WP hangs.

HP computer support tells me that this is a printer problem and I need
HP printer support--but oops, one small problem: HP printer support no
longer supports 5L.

Any advice?

Cordially,

Yaacov
1 answer Last reply
More about laserjet hanging computer

    yacovdavid@aol.com (Yaacov David Shulman) wrote in message news:<61d51583.0410140916.442791bd@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi. I've got an HP Laserjet and Windows XP. Sometimes when I try to
    > print a document on Wordperfect 10 or from the Internet,then:
    >
    > (a) I get a message in the bottom right of the screen that the
    > document failed to print--but then it prints fine.
    >
    > (b) the document fails to print and the entire computer hangs or else
    > just WP hangs.
    >
    > HP computer support tells me that this is a printer problem and I need
    > HP printer support--but oops, one small problem: HP printer support no
    > longer supports 5L.
    >
    > Any advice?

    Possibly the printer is timing out, giving up too soon. You should be
    able to increase the time it will wait in the properties of the
    printer in the Printer Control Panel.

Printers Document Hewlett Packard Laserjet Computer Peripherals