Good all in one black white laser unit?

I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
printer/canner/copier.

A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
for the ink jet cartridges.

And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
taking college classes.

having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
units that are black and white laser units?

What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100

http://tinyurl.com/7xudg
11 answers Last reply
More about good black white laser unit

    I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
    you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
    comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
    there was not many user reviews.

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
    > printer/canner/copier.
    >
    > A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
    > for the ink jet cartridges.
    >
    > And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
    > taking college classes.
    >
    > having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
    > units that are black and white laser units?
    >
    > What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

    >I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
    >you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
    >comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
    >there was not many user reviews.

    OK thanks Id sure appreciate the feedback.

    Where did you buys your? Looks like NewEgg has the
    best price at $160 plus shipping.

    Ive also thought abt buying a used semi pro laser unit
    off Ebay.

    A review of the 3-in-1 (printer, copier, scanner) laser printer, Samsung
    SCX 4100

    Pros: clean printing, good scanning, fast, cheap, good OCR.
    Cons: cannot photocopy photo's decently and no document feeder.

    I already have a 4-in-1 HP Officejet, but I needed a laser printer for
    better quality of text printing. The fact that laser printers actually
    print at less $$$ per page than inkjet is a bonus. I was considering
    another similarly priced HP laserjet along with this Samsung SCX 4100,
    but the HP was just printing and was a true 600dpi printer (that had
    software enhancement to go up to 1200dpi) while this one was also
    600dpi, plus it had a copier and scanner. I decided to try this one and
    have now tested it out. My impression: this prints very well, that's
    exactly what I needed. Crisp text. The copying of text is good if you
    have good originals with strong contrast with the background page. I
    have found that when copying photo's the tonality is poor, almost like
    an older 80's copier, but if you scan the photo first and then print it,
    it comes out fine. OCR seems to be good as well. Speaking of printing
    photo's, it prints photo's very nicely, with a nice gray tonal gradient.
    Overall, for the price compared to everything else out there, I can't
    complain.

    Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

    eb7g wrote:
    > I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
    > you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
    > comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
    > there was not many user reviews.
    >
    > me@privacy.net wrote:
    >
    >> I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
    >> printer/canner/copier.
    >>
    >> A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
    >> for the ink jet cartridges.
    >>
    >> And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
    >> taking college classes.
    >>
    >> having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
    >> units that are black and white laser units?
    >>
    >> What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

    >Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

    Thanks so very much for the review!!

    Im getting ready to order one of these units... maybe Tuesday

    Question...... does the color scanner part of the unit seem to scan
    color photos OK?

    I don't wish to print said photos out..... but instead post them to a
    web page.

    >Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

    What abt ePinions?

    Or maybe post th review on NewEggs sight?

    Yep, it scans color photos great.

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    >>Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?
    >

    > Thanks so very much for the review!!
    >
    > Im getting ready to order one of these units... maybe Tuesday
    >
    > Question...... does the color scanner part of the unit seem to scan
    > color photos OK?
    >
    > I don't wish to print said photos out..... but instead post them to a
    > web page.

    >Yep, it scans color photos great.

    Thanks for the advice!

    Im ordering one as we speak.... or type. lol

    >Yep, it scans color photos great.

    Is the paper handling reliable?

    No problems with paper transport mechanism?

    paper handling is fine. no problems so far.

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    >>Yep, it scans color photos great.
    >

    > Is the paper handling reliable?
    >
    > No problems with paper transport mechanism?

    >paper handling is fine. no problems so far.

    Still liking this unit so far?

    >A review of the 3-in-1 (printer, copier, scanner) laser printer, Samsung
    >SCX 4100

    Are you still liking this unit so far?

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals