Good all in one black white laser unit?

ME

I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
printer/canner/copier.

A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
for the ink jet cartridges.

And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
taking college classes.

having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
units that are black and white laser units?

What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100

http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
there was not many user reviews.

me@privacy.net wrote:
> I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
> printer/canner/copier.
>
> A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
> for the ink jet cartridges.
>
> And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
> taking college classes.
>
> having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
> units that are black and white laser units?
>
> What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
>
> http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

ME

>I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
>you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
>comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
>there was not many user reviews.

OK thanks Id sure appreciate the feedback.

Where did you buys your? Looks like NewEgg has the
best price at $160 plus shipping.

Ive also thought abt buying a used semi pro laser unit
off Ebay.

A review of the 3-in-1 (printer, copier, scanner) laser printer, Samsung
SCX 4100

Pros: clean printing, good scanning, fast, cheap, good OCR.
Cons: cannot photocopy photo's decently and no document feeder.

I already have a 4-in-1 HP Officejet, but I needed a laser printer for
better quality of text printing. The fact that laser printers actually
print at less $$$ per page than inkjet is a bonus. I was considering
another similarly priced HP laserjet along with this Samsung SCX 4100,
but the HP was just printing and was a true 600dpi printer (that had
software enhancement to go up to 1200dpi) while this one was also
600dpi, plus it had a copier and scanner. I decided to try this one and
have now tested it out. My impression: this prints very well, that's
exactly what I needed. Crisp text. The copying of text is good if you
have good originals with strong contrast with the background page. I
have found that when copying photo's the tonality is poor, almost like
an older 80's copier, but if you scan the photo first and then print it,
it comes out fine. OCR seems to be good as well. Speaking of printing
photo's, it prints photo's very nicely, with a nice gray tonal gradient.
Overall, for the price compared to everything else out there, I can't
complain.

Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

eb7g wrote:
> I just bought the Samsung yesterday. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll let
> you know what I think. I did a search for reviews and this came out
> comparable to all the other laser printers/MFD in it's price range, but
> there was not many user reviews.
>
> me@privacy.net wrote:
>
>> I currently have an HP PSC 750 all in one
>> printer/canner/copier.
>>
>> A good unit but Im tired of paying the ridiculous price
>> for the ink jet cartridges.
>>
>> And most all of my printing is black and white since Im
>> taking college classes.
>>
>> having sad all that any advice on home use all in one
>> units that are black and white laser units?
>>
>> What abt this Samsung unit? Model SCX-4100
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

ME

>Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

Thanks so very much for the review!!

Im getting ready to order one of these units... maybe Tuesday

Question...... does the color scanner part of the unit seem to scan
color photos OK?

I don't wish to print said photos out..... but instead post them to a
web page.

ME

>Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?

What abt ePinions?

Or maybe post th review on NewEggs sight?

Yep, it scans color photos great.

me@privacy.net wrote:
>>Does anyone know which consumer review websites I can post this on?
>

> Thanks so very much for the review!!
>
> Im getting ready to order one of these units... maybe Tuesday
>
> Question...... does the color scanner part of the unit seem to scan
> color photos OK?
>
> I don't wish to print said photos out..... but instead post them to a
> web page.

paper handling is fine. no problems so far.

me@privacy.net wrote:
>>Yep, it scans color photos great.
>

> Is the paper handling reliable?
>
> No problems with paper transport mechanism?

ME

>A review of the 3-in-1 (printer, copier, scanner) laser printer, Samsung
>SCX 4100

Are you still liking this unit so far?