CD/DVD receiving problems

Last response: in Components
December 11, 2005 11:34:46 PM

Hi guys i build myself a new comp like 2 weeks ago

Chaintech Nforce 4 ultra
2.0ghz athlon venice core
1 gig corsair ram
connect3D x800 GTO

And basically my problem is that since i built this new comp when ever i put something into my cd drive it completely locks up the computer.

At first i used my old comps 50x cd rom drive and that made my computer freeze and or lock up for like 2 minuts while iwas spinning furiously.

So now i took that thing out and am using my External LG dvd burner as my primary cd input.

However it still does this, when i put in a game or anything it spinns and slows the computer down a TON!

does anyone know why this is happening, i know it was liek this on my old pc just a tiny bit. But i always just thought this was because my pc was slower. However on this fast one its much much worse

any help would be apreciated.

thnx

More about : dvd receiving problems

December 12, 2005 4:40:28 AM

that's strange... esp after you upgraded. try this:

(follow these exact instructions on this webpage, it's to disable autoplay)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Wind...

insert CD/DVD and see if the problem still exists. if it does- then it's most likely some sort of hardware problem. if it doesn't, then it was windows.

if none of this works, i have a question: have you put any Sony audio CD's in ur drive lately? there's a hidden copy protection program on some sony CD's that can cause <some> of the symtoms ur describing.

report back here with ur results so we can futher troubleshoot the problem.

-mpjesse
!