Multiple Mapped Drives

Anyone know why in Windows NT it wants to map the same resources multiple
times. exp. g:\server\project - h:\server\project - i:\server\clerical -
j:\server\clerical?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick
3 answers Last reply
More about multiple mapped drives

    Turn off find fast.....

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
    "R. Hayden" <rhayden6@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know why in Windows NT it wants to map the same resources multiple
    > times. exp. g:\server\project - h:\server\project - i:\server\clerical -
    > j:\server\clerical?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rick

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    Scott,

    It never has been turned on or is it defaulted to on? When I double click
    on the Find Fast icon in the control panel it is asking for a Frontpage 2000
    disc. ????

    Rick

    "Scott Harding" <scrockel@NO_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Turn off find fast.....
    >
    > --
    > Scott Harding
    > MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
    > "R. Hayden" <rhayden6@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know why in Windows NT it wants to map the same resources multiple
    >> times. exp. g:\server\project - h:\server\project - i:\server\clerical -
    >> j:\server\clerical?
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Rick

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

    First you might take a look at any shortcuts that any users have (may not
    necessarily be on the desktop, search the drive for *.LNK), they may have
    targets pointing to mapped drives. If you index a drive that contains
    shortcuts that specify a target location that uses a network drive letter
    instead of a UNC path under Windows NT, then a shortcut with a target path
    that contains a drive letter is resolved, Windows NT maps the shortcut to a
    logical drive. This is the cause for the multiple mappings. Change the
    targets to UNC names and the problem should go away. Alternately you can
    disable FindFast. You can go into Control Panel|FindFast and delete-indexes
    then close-and-stop. Then remove it from the Startup dir.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "R. Hayden" wrote:
    | Anyone know why in Windows NT it wants to map the same resources multiple
    | times. exp. g:\server\project - h:\server\project - i:\server\clerical -
    | j:\server\clerical?
    |
    | Any help would be appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Rick