Firewall

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

what I have to allow in MS firewall on computer with WinXp Sp2 to use this
from "Run..." : \\computer\c$
and I can connect with RemoteDesktop when I used ip adress but when I used
computer name it dosnt work.
I guess its same problem.

tom

Are you doing this over the internet? If so, the name will not work unless
it has a DNS entry.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

no, its in domain

"dlv" <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you doing this over the internet? If so, the name will not work
> unless
> it has a DNS entry.

Try turning off the XP firewall and enabling NetBIOS over tcp/ip

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]