Command line util to list total space taken up by a certai..

I'm looking for a command line util to list total space taken up by a
certain file type.
Ie: How much space do .DOC files take up in a certain folder (& it's
subfolders)
1 answer Last reply
More about command line util list total space certai

    Chortler wrote:
    > I'm looking for a command line util to list total space taken up by
    > certain file type.
    > Ie: How much space do .DOC files take up in a certain folder (& it's
    > subfolders)

    Dir <driveletter>:\<Filename.ext> /s

    will do exactly that if you specify, say, "*.DOC" for <FILENAME.EXT>

    The total number of files and bytes is given at the end of the last
    page displayed.

    Helmut
    --
    All typos © My Knotty Fingers Ltd. Capacity Dept.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Command Line Windows