Command line util to list total space taken up by a certai..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 18, 2005 5:28:14 AM

I'm looking for a command line util to list total space taken up by a
certain file type.
Ie: How much space do .DOC files take up in a certain folder (& it's
subfolders)
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 2:33:57 PM

Chortler wrote:
> I'm looking for a command line util to list total space taken up by
> certain file type.
> Ie: How much space do .DOC files take up in a certain folder (& it's
> subfolders)

Dir <driveletter>:\<Filename.ext> /s

will do exactly that if you specify, say, "*.DOC" for <FILENAME.EXT>

The total number of files and bytes is given at the end of the last
page displayed.

Helmut
--
All typos © My Knotty Fingers Ltd. Capacity Dept.
!