Welcome Screen Login Icons Gone

August 13, 2004 7:17:56 PM

I have XP Home which I have been using for six months. I set it up with two
Icons on the welcome screen. Recently the icons do not appear. I can bring
up a log-in box by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del. But when I go to control
panel>users it tells me that the logged-in user is not valid. It does this
with either of the log-in names or with no name. Any assistance is
appreciated.
Thanks,
John Gunderson

More about : screen login icons

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:40:45 AM

Hi John,

Try logining in as administrator and then go to the user in the control
panel to check with the problem. If you don't have the administrator
priveledge you may not be able to modify any of the user profile.

Regards

Ravickumar M

!