Welcome Screen Login Icons Gone

I have XP Home which I have been using for six months. I set it up with two
Icons on the welcome screen. Recently the icons do not appear. I can bring
up a log-in box by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del. But when I go to control
panel>users it tells me that the logged-in user is not valid. It does this
with either of the log-in names or with no name. Any assistance is
appreciated.
Thanks,
John Gunderson
1 answer Last reply
More about welcome screen login icons gone

    Hi John,

    Try logining in as administrator and then go to the user in the control
    panel to check with the problem. If you don't have the administrator
    priveledge you may not be able to modify any of the user profile.

    Regards

    Ravickumar M
    "John" <sales@excelteq.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP Home which I have been using for six months. I set it up with
    two
    > Icons on the welcome screen. Recently the icons do not appear. I can
    bring
    > up a log-in box by doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del. But when I go to control
    > panel>users it tells me that the logged-in user is not valid. It does
    this
    > with either of the log-in names or with no name. Any assistance is
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > John Gunderson

Login Icons Windows XP