scheduled tasks wont run

Hello
I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
something I can check?
3 answers Last reply
More about scheduled tasks wont

    Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm and scroll down to:

    "Scheduled Tasks - Applying/Running tasks without a password"

    [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

    HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    John Lombard wrote:

    > Hello
    > I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
    > Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
    > of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
    > something I can check?

    Have you checked the event log?

    posted here.

    On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:33:20 -0700, John Lombard wrote:

    > Hello
    > I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
    > Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
    > of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
    > something I can check?

    Yes there is.
    In the scheduled tasks window, in menu, click advanced -> view log.
    Try to find a clue there.

    Best regards,

    --
    Zoltan Fekete <zoltanf@neobee.net>