scheduled tasks wont run

August 13, 2004 12:33:20 PM

Hello
I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
something I can check?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 2:59:41 PM

Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm and scroll down to:

"Scheduled Tasks - Applying/Running tasks without a password"

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Scheduled Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308558

HOW TO: Schedule Tasks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308569

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"John Lombard" wrote:

| Hello
| I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
| Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
| of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
| something I can check?
August 13, 2004 4:46:21 PM

John Lombard wrote:

> Hello
> I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
> Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
> of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
> something I can check?

Have you checked the event log?

posted here.
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 10:22:19 PM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:33:20 -0700, John Lombard wrote:

> Hello
> I use XP home. and the scheduled tasks wont run. I set
> Norton to run at 10 am fri. yet it never does nor do any
> of my other tasks such adaware, set at 7 am. Fri. Is there
> something I can check?

Yes there is.
In the scheduled tasks window, in menu, click advanced -> view log.
Try to find a clue there.

Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <zoltanf@neobee.net>