STOP: c0000263 {Driver entry point not found}

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 15, 2005 9:51:01 AM

I get subject message after trying to do a "Repair" of NT4-SP6a.
Additionally, it says "The \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\mssermou.SYS device
driver could not locate the entry point ExFreePoolWithTag in the driver
ntoskrnl.exe.

The only thing I can find in the knowledge Base is
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157564
which says "on upgrade on WIN NT4 to Win NT3.51" Any help would be
appreciated.
November 28, 2009 2:38:16 PM

Had a similar problem, but the device driver was different. Tried repairing, reinstalling the OS to no avail. Turns out the problem was the driver itself that I kept reloading at the end of each repair/reinstall. Find the driver in a folder other than \Winnt and delete it. Run the system in safe mode with network support and download and install the latest driver.
!